Talk

Advanced search

Ingrown claw

(8 Posts)
AgentBlue Tue 14-Feb-17 22:15:01

Old Girls claw looks ingrown. She's getting on and her claw are getting a bit thick I guess is the right way to describe it.

Have an appointment with the vet but does anyone have an idea what we're looking at cost wise?

She's needs it sorted so it will get done but a ball park figure would be great.

Not to mention all the tests I'll have to buy to make up for taking her to the vet……🙀🙀🙀

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 14-Feb-17 22:25:16

I just charge a nail clipping fee and any antibiotics required,

AgentBlue Fri 17-Feb-17 11:50:01

Thanks, she's booked in today with vet; so my name/face is going to shit for the next few days................gin

thecatneuterer Fri 17-Feb-17 13:09:06

We would just charge the consult fee plus antibiotics if needed.

GRW Fri 17-Feb-17 17:39:22

My old lady had this a few weeks ago, and it had pierced her front paw pad. I felt bad that I didn't notice it, but my DD did as soon as she came back from university. The vet nurse cut all her claws and she didn't need antibiotics. They only charged £9.00.

AgentBlue Fri 24-Feb-17 13:25:37

Just an update: turned out it hadn't piercer her pad so she just needed clipping.

And just to show us up after warning the vet that while she is a little old lady she's very strong and hates strangers (She only just accepted one of my friends of 5 years who's in and out of the house frequently) she was as passive as anything and then allowed the vet to cuddle her........................

Admitted she did come home and puke on my new shoes

cozietoesie Fri 24-Feb-17 14:50:58

Seniorboy flirts with the vet. It's quite embarrassing at times. (Gives the taxi drivers and me our characters but once he's in the practice, it's 'butter wouldn't melt'. grin)

GRW Fri 24-Feb-17 17:49:22

My old lady Molly hates going to the vet and had to be muzzled to stop her from biting. There is no way I could cut them at home. Flirting with the vet must be lovely to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now