Talk

Advanced search

Back leg twitching when scratching ear.

(14 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Mon 13-Feb-17 12:20:43

Have noticed one of my girls back leg twitches makes scrabbling movements when she scratched her ear with her front paw. Anyone else's do this. Is it just a reflex?

cozietoesie Mon 13-Feb-17 13:59:23

If so, it's not one I've seen before.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:25:03

All mine have done that. If you rub their ear the back leg goes.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Feb-17 14:29:37

Ahhhh. smile

Getnakedorgohome Mon 13-Feb-17 14:29:53

My old dog did this, when his ears were really tickly. He had allergies which caused his ears to be sore a lot of the time.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Feb-17 14:42:34

Yes. It's probably worth asking yourself why she was scratching her ear, Toddler. Does she do it a lot? (As opposed to 'just one of those things'.)

Toddlerteaplease Mon 13-Feb-17 14:47:10

She was washing her ear this morning and doing it. She doesn't scratch her ear much other than the occasional itch. Only notice it if she's lying across my lap or by my side.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Feb-17 14:51:47

You just can't tell with those two, I guess. Their (beautiful) faces are so.......interesting that anything could be happening.

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:55:30

I've seen a lot of dogs do that, particularly jack russel's for some reason. Has she always done it, or is it a new thing?

Toddlerteaplease Mon 13-Feb-17 22:51:17

I think she's probably always done it but she's only recently been lying on me stretched out so I've noticed. She used to be curled up.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 13-Feb-17 22:52:41

Lol Cozie. Was thinking of starting a grumpy cat thread but my two are incapable of looking grumpy.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Feb-17 23:05:04

They're not grumpy but even you - and me, Heck a few photos of those two and I adore them - could hardly say that their facial structures are .......unchallenged. sad Just that I remember Seniorboy going at his ear but his vet reckoned it was actually some pain from his last remaining back tooth. Maybe just keep a weather eye on her now that you're aware of it?

Toddlerteaplease Tue 14-Feb-17 14:42:22

Cozie, I am humbled that litter tray royalty loves my girls! If you are ever in my neck of the woods (Nottingham) you are welcome to visit them.

Weedsnseeds1 Tue 14-Feb-17 16:12:47

If it's not a new thing, then I would assume it was normal. It's as if there's a nerve connecting their ears and back legs - auto-run-away mechanism maybe?!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now