Talk

Advanced search

Irresponsible breeder on advertising websites

(11 Posts)
lottieandmia Mon 13-Feb-17 11:29:53

I've just seen something which really annoyed me. Someone selling their 3 ragdoll cats who are nearly 2 years old for £1500, no mention of pedigree certificates but the worst thing is that they state the female cat is 'probably pregnant because they have been mating again' how irresponsible can you get? angry I've reported the account. How can someone just dump their cats knowing one is probably pregnant. And the reason for selling is that she has a newborn apparently. You don't just get rid of your pets because you have a baby.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 13-Feb-17 12:22:38

Don't even get me started!! angryangryangryangry My girls were used as breeding machines and kept in terrible conditions. It's taken ages to get to how they are now.

lottieandmia Mon 13-Feb-17 12:52:52

I think some people are utterly horrible. Their account has been suspended. I just cannot believe someone would try to sell a pregnant cat.

At least a breeder who registers a litter with TICA or GCCF has to make sure their queen only has two litters a year, so as not to overstress them.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Feb-17 13:02:04

They also have some potential health issues. A responsible breeder would be testing their breeding animals.

Vinorosso74 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:03:07

Some people just don't care about the animals, only the money.
Mind I saw someone on Freecycle a while ago asking for a cat or small dog. I reported it as I was very suspicious. Ad was removed.

lottieandmia Mon 13-Feb-17 13:08:20

Why was it suspicious vino?

Bleurghghghgh Mon 13-Feb-17 13:26:18

Kittens and small dogs are often used as bait in dog fights. The very thought of it makes me want to cry

Vinorosso74 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:26:50

Freecycle isn't a site to ask for animals nor rehome them.
Also why would someone specifically be asking for cats or small dogs?? Alarm bells went off it could have been for dog fighting or sonething equally sick. I hope I was wrong.

lottieandmia Mon 13-Feb-17 13:29:28

Oh my goodness. How awful. I actually could not be a breeder. The breeder we got one of our kittens from decided not to sell one of her litter mates because she wasn't happy with the buyer. So she has had to keep her. You have to be able to tell whether someone is decent and I would think that might be difficult.

lottieandmia Mon 13-Feb-17 13:33:16

I found two of my cats on Pets4homes. This is usually not a site to be recommended but there are some good breeders on there - you just have to know what to look out for. I see a lot of cats being rehomed on there - often pedigrees for 'genuine reason' . It makes me sad that people don't take on their commitment seriously.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Feb-17 13:37:27

It's a great deal of (likely cash) money involved. You have to be very careful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now