Talk

Advanced search

My little one has gone on holiday for the week for the first time!

(14 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sun 05-Feb-17 10:25:07

Damn I held it together til I handed over her toys then I had to run out. The flat seems empty without her. I've had a good sweep up and emptied her bowls and litter tray. Will she be alright? I could've chosen for her to be on her own with and empty chalet each side but I said no I wanted her next to others was that right.

Can you imagine it didn't cross my mind they would be outside I thought it would be all indoors!!! I hope it's warm enough.

Anyway I must go to bed and try. It to worry. Holidays tomorrow!

Toddlerteaplease Sun 05-Feb-17 11:28:13

She'll be fine. Have a lovely holiday!

Oldraver Sun 05-Feb-17 13:01:27

Ours will have to go for a holiday this year, we will be interviewing catteries soon.

Did you take her own bed or anything else ?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 05-Feb-17 13:25:41

I'm sure she'll be fine. This is why I use a cat sitter though, I couldn't stand handing him over!

Vinorosso74 Sun 05-Feb-17 22:13:09

She'll be fine and you know where she is to give you peace of mind. She may be a bit grumpy when she first gets home so just leave her be for a little while if she prefers but she'll soon forget.
Vinocat goes in full diva mode on her cattery stays (she isn't like it at home). Everyone knows her as it's part of our vets and I think she likes to soak it all up as if it were a 5 star hotel.

EachandEveryone Mon 06-Feb-17 11:32:29

Well shes had food. I imagine comng back with a thick fur coat and all her lovely kitten fluff gone, she might be as hard as nails after living in a den all week.

EachandEveryone Sun 12-Feb-17 16:15:29

I picked her up today I could hear her going mad as soon as she heard my voice. She seems to have enjoyed it but she's been drinking water like mad since she's got back and ate two dinners in an hour even though they said they'd fed her at 830 at midday she was knocking her tins open. Do you think she hasn't been fed and watered enough?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 12-Feb-17 16:57:56

I think catteries feed twice a day, most of us feed more than that.

Mines always starving despite having two pouches twice a day while he's there.

There's always that sense of "it was awful mom, just terrible". They get better after a few visits.

EachandEveryone Sun 12-Feb-17 19:33:32

It says on the packs to give 3-4 pouches a day i dont see how that can be split into two meals i feed her before i go to bed for the night!

Vinorosso74 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:38:53

They can be fussy when they're away. An sure she was fine. Hope you had a good holiday and now lots of cuddles with your cat.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:59:48

I've always imagined they give mine two pouches in two dishes while he's there, not the four meals a day he has here.

You're going to get a certain amount of sulking the first time you put them in a cattery. Ours takes it with a grumble now.

Unless she's lost condition, or is unwell I wouldn't worry.

Last time I picked mine up he was sitting on the tree stump perch, doing the tidy paws tucked under pose watching them groom the horses. Totally calm. When I called him the yelling started, you could hear him across the yard. He continued all the way home. But he wasn't ill, his coat was in condition & he didn't feel lighter.

He just wanted me to know he was really, really cross with me.

EachandEveryone Sun 12-Feb-17 21:43:14

Yes thats exactly what happened she heard me talking and she complained bitterly. Tbh ive never heard her meow before! Shes young the others must have taught her. She looks in good condition but she has lost weight. I just think that feedibf her twice a day isnt enough for her as shes not a fan of dry food at all. Shes slept all afternoon and ignored the new toys i bought her to make up for my sins.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sun 12-Feb-17 21:48:50

Sorry OP, she's winding you up. It's what cats do. Whatever you do they will let you know how appallingly they've been treated just to make sure you feel like shit.

Your only option is to never ever ever attempt to go on holiday again. In fact you're probably safer getting written permission before you leave the house for any reason.

Tuna. That is probably the quickest way back in to their good books.

🐟

EachandEveryone Sun 12-Feb-17 22:16:58

This is her fith meal today. All shes done is slept, woke up and led me to the stash of Sheba that i dont like to give her. Shes had five of them and refused the wholesome plain shredded chicken i put down. All have been fish based. Shes a madam ive quickly shut the kitchen door and realised ive left my wine in there. She totally rules me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now