Talk

Advanced search

Why do I have to sit so far from the fire?

(18 Posts)
Trustyourself2 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:57:01

It's freezing and I'm the one who's having to sit furthest from the fire, as 2 heat seeking cat missiles hog the fireside armchairs. Surely this is wrong? Why have I allowed myself to be subjugated by these furry beings for more than 20 years? Why?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:04:52

Because if you move them you'll get the look, and the plaintive miaow.

Trustyourself2 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:16:15

I wouldn't dare move them. I couldn't bear their looks of utter disdain. I suppose I can warm up in bed tonight, if they allow me a slither of it to climb in to!

FannyWisdom Sat 04-Feb-17 22:45:31

Beats me how they don't singe.

Papergirl1968 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:47:34

Was wondering last night as I lay clinging to the edge of the bed why dcat always has to sleep stretched out horizontally across it...
We are slaves and know our rightful places grin

Toddlerteaplease Sat 04-Feb-17 23:02:10

Wish my cats would sit still for more than five minutes. They don't know what hogging means!

Trustyourself2 Sat 04-Feb-17 23:19:39

I have one at the end of the bed at my feet and one on top of my legs. No wonder I wake up feeling shattered. Sheesh!

TrustySnail Sat 04-Feb-17 23:23:40

I panic when they're waving their tails about in front of our open flame with crappy fake pebbles fire, but somehow they seem to avoid getting burnt. If the fire's off, they settle for a radiator. The poor old dog doesn't get a look in!

Trustyourself2 Sun 05-Feb-17 00:35:59

Fanny they just love it, don't they.

hapagirl Sun 05-Feb-17 13:29:06

Mine loves the fire too, when I can pry her from underfloor heating.

Trustyourself2 Sun 05-Feb-17 16:09:18

hapagirl - serious fire fan you've got there! Mine prefer the comfort of MY armchairs!

Toddlerteaplease Sun 05-Feb-17 16:14:06

My parents cat adores sitting staring into their gas fire.

TimeIhadaNameChange Mon 06-Feb-17 09:16:00

Trustyourself2 - "Mine prefer the comfort of MY armchairs!"

There is something VERY wrong with this sentence. I suggest you correct it then write it out 100 times so you learn from your mistake! wink

At my ma's old house, when you were sitting next to the gas fire, one of my previous cats would ALWAYS manage to find a cat-sized gap between you and it and squeeze herself in, however close you actually thought you were to it.

SnugglySnerd Mon 06-Feb-17 09:21:29

Mine sleeps on the radiator cover. He falls off it at least once a day. This is somehow MY fault and he complains loudly to me about it. Heaven help us if we dare to laugh when he falls off, the strop lasts for hours!

Gingernaut Mon 06-Feb-17 09:24:11

For radiator cats there are cradles for our masters.

www.amazon.co.uk/Canac-17990-Cats-Cradle-Wide/dp/B000NE3XPC?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Trustyourself2 Mon 06-Feb-17 10:44:08

TimeIhadaNameChange - unforgivable mistake, "THEIR armchairs". I stand corrected!

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 06-Feb-17 14:20:14

Bibi has the good pillow in my bed. I have the crappy one. She engineered this situation before I realized it. Fait accompli.
Zara likes to cook herself on the radiators as well. I worry she will burn but she never has in 6 years, so...

Lottie4 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:24:49

I read somewhere recently that cats actually need temperatures higher than we think, so you can't move the cats as they could get a chill!!

I've been known to sit on the floor all evening when we have visitors as I don't want to move the cat from the only human free chair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now