Talk

Advanced search

I miss the kitten

(11 Posts)
hapagirl Fri 03-Feb-17 16:28:23

Hello! I lurke here and this is my first post. We adopted a beautiful black and white girl when she was 11 weeks old. She was nutty but lovely and affectionate. She was spayed about 5 weeks ago and now it's like she's suddenly grown up and become a stroppy teenager. She doesn't climb up on shelves and swipe everything down anymore or dig up the potted plants (I never thought I would miss that but I do) and now she chooses the bathroom with underfloor heating over my lap every time. She will follow me all over the house and then pointedly ignore me when I chat to her. So cute but I miss her affectionate side. Will she get over it or is this her now? I shut the bathroom door now so she has no choice but to sit on my lap grin

LexieLulu Fri 03-Feb-17 16:37:15

My suggestion... buy more kittens. Every time one grows up buy another. grin nothing wrong with crazy cat ladies

hapagirl Fri 03-Feb-17 16:42:11

I totally see myself doing that! And then my current kitten could be the matriarch.

QuestionableMouse Fri 03-Feb-17 16:52:29

Mine is a bit older but is coming back around to being lovely.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:02:23

Turn the heating off. Instant lap cat.

ALemonyPea Fri 03-Feb-17 18:05:04

Goodnes, have mine! She is 2 and still like that, she is my little shadow. Can't even have a bath without her being there, she sits on the end of the bath and I have to splash her or she goes in a huff. She was hand reared though after I found her and her little mates abandoned. Maybe you should get a hand reared orphan kitten.

hapagirl Fri 03-Feb-17 19:23:14

Lemony mine sits at the edge of the bath too. And then she sticks her little paws in and splashes me! She is very sweet. Just not as cuddly as she used to be!

cozietoesie Fri 03-Feb-17 19:25:51

Ha! Make sure that your next cat is a Siamese and you'll never be alone.

NEVER!

hapagirl Fri 03-Feb-17 19:29:04

Good to hear it might just be a phase too!

hapagirl Fri 03-Feb-17 19:43:03

She is hand reared. We got her from the Scottish SPCA. Her stray mum was hit by a car when she was a week old and she was hand reared by them x

Ilovecaindingle Fri 03-Feb-17 19:44:29

Get 2 next time. . Pairs stay daft for longer!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: