Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I get a kitten to 'rest'?!

(4 Posts)
longdiling Thu 02-Feb-17 12:40:10

She is 6 months old and bonkers. She was neutered on Monday and you wouldn't think she'd had any kind of medical procedure. She got home and started eating and running around straight away. How do I stop her?! At her check up today everything looked fine but the vet nurse said I need to try harder to 'make' her rest and not let her run and jump up on stuff. I stop her when I can but it's impossible to stop her completely. Any suggestions?!

fuzzywuzzy Thu 02-Feb-17 12:43:37

Our kittens are like that.

I've found shutting them in a room with access to food, water litter trays eventually calms them down and they tend to be curled up asleep whenever I go into the room.

Disclaimer I'm not an evil cat imprisoner, we're redecorating and I need the kittens to be safe and away from the paint and stuff. Only done it twice. But each time the reaction is the same they go to sleep...eventually.

longdiling Thu 02-Feb-17 16:52:15

She goes more bonkers when we shut her in because she's desperate to get out! I do find feeding her up helps as she gets dopey when she's full but other than that I'm stuck.

hapagirl Fri 03-Feb-17 16:40:07

Hi. I was just in your position a month ago. It was like she was actively winding me up by stretching her wound as far as possible. Does she have a blanket she likes? Ours has a fleece she is obsessed with and I did shut her in my bedroom with it because it's small and not many high things she could jump on. She did go mad but I ignored her and she finally went to sleep and "rested". Might be a case of cruel to be kind?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now