Talk

Advanced search

Felix, Sheba or Whiskers?

(13 Posts)
EachandEveryone Wed 01-Feb-17 00:14:36

Thats what the cattery has and i dont wanr to be too precious that my girl has only had grain free for her 8 months. Also its costing for me to put het there for the week. If she goes on one of those foods am a creating a rod for my own back? I know she will take any of them.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 01-Feb-17 07:19:58

Can't you supply her own food? If I was putting Harry in a cattery I'd either want them to supply his usual food or sent him with a stash for his stay. If your girl has been on grain free food I'd be reluctant to give her any of the foods you mention in case it causes an upset stomach.

user1467976192 Wed 01-Feb-17 07:21:06

Not whiskers my cat is a flight risk if I buy whiskers, he jumps out of the window and I don't see him for a week

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 01-Feb-17 09:32:59

Some of the Sheba is grain free. I'd probably buy a pack first so it's not a complete change to what she's used to though.

Sparklingbrook Wed 01-Feb-17 09:34:18

Mum and Dad send their cat to the cattery with her own food. They get a slight discount to compensate.

EachandEveryone Wed 01-Feb-17 11:32:31

She never mentioned a discount I'm going to pets at home now can you believe I've never been!

EachandEveryone Thu 02-Feb-17 21:11:56

I bought Sheba it has a good meat content but there must be something in it she's begging for it and whizz's round like a maniac after

BNVR Sat 04-Feb-17 08:17:37

I would measure out her own & send that with her. A change in diet can cause upset tummies.

dementedpixie Sat 04-Feb-17 10:00:55

You're supposed to change food gradually over a few days so they don't get an upset tummy. Surely they should feed what you provide them with

EachandEveryone Sat 04-Feb-17 16:02:38

When i first booked i was told the have everything ionly just rang to check and fond out they dont. Ill send them enough wet for one feed and a bag of dry thrn she can have sheba for another feed. It is grain free but deffo has something in it which sheis attracted to.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 04-Feb-17 17:36:07

I wouldn't be happy if they lied to me. I would expect them to feed my cat the food I choose, not the crap they have, or else I'd be cancelling the booking.

(If I was going to a hotel I'd eat what was available, only the best for the cat though!)

EachandEveryone Sat 04-Feb-17 19:26:45

Oh I wouldn't dream of cancelling it has such good reviews and we've never been appart before. We'll be going at 830 am I feel sick!

chocdonutyy Sat 04-Feb-17 19:31:39

The catterys we have used all offer their own food (some have more choice than others) or we take our own. I tend to take dry food for olly as he's a fuss pot and the other two have whatevers going plus have a nibble of ollys dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now