Talk

Advanced search

Why has my cat started attacking everything??

(7 Posts)
Annaa123 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:58:32

I've got 2 young rescue cats, got them august last year, one of them is 3 years old and although very clingy, she is fine. The other is 1.5 years old and wouldn't hurt a fly when we got her but the last month or so, she's become vicious. I had a feather toy, I used to play a lot with them but not so much now, and they have lots of toys which she loves to attack. Over the last month she's gone from attacking feet (if we move them while she's in a playful mood), to constantly trying to attack anything that moves! I'm 10 weeks pregnant and getting worried about her behaviour around the baby when it's born.
So far all I've been doing is putting her outside when she's attacking then she usually comes back in the cat flap after a while a bit calmer.
Any advice on what's causing this behaviour and how to stop it please?

TheSpottedZebra Sat 28-Jan-17 20:04:05

I do think pregnancy hormones can affect cats ' behaviour. She's probably just unsettled.
Has she been spayed?

Can you play with her more?

Annaa123 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:07:43

I've heard of that! But wasn't sure if it wa as real thing, would explain why her behaviour suddenly changed though... yeah she was spayed in July

Annaa123 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:10:22

I do play a lot with her, and I've been off work for a month so she's had a lot more attention than she'd usually get as me and dp work full time

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:28:58

Is she neutered?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 01-Feb-17 00:49:26

Okay clutching at straws here, but. As you're probably aware cats are very sensitive to pregnancy, and become broody just like we do. Could she be feeling a bit envious.
Has she been blessed with a litter of kittens yet. Could she be wanting them

CherrySkull Wed 01-Feb-17 00:58:25

she could be reacting to your pregnancy.

Perhaps try some feliway, and if that doesn't work and she doesn't calm down, consult a vet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now