Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hairballs - vile pic included ;)

(6 Posts)
ladyface69 Sat 28-Jan-17 14:28:23

Hi all
My cat Deuce has been coughing/retching the past 24-36 hours or so. Yesterday DP came home to a lovely trail of sick ending in a 4-6 cm long hairball that she'd left for him. I was hoping it was sorted and she'd cleared herself out however her purring sounds quite gurgly as if she's still got something going on in there. She's less bouncy than usual too and has taken to hiding upstairs for some peace and quiet. I believe she is still drinking though this is hard to monitor, and her appetite is normal though she is having little and often instead of wolfing it all down.
I will be booking into the vets on Monday for a check over in case its something serious but was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences?

Pic - closest is the hairball and towards the back of the pic is the food she sicked up first. Sorry about the graphic nature of the photo haha.
Hope you're not eating.
TIA

ladyface69 Sat 28-Jan-17 14:37:21

Here she is for cuteness. You can't be mad at this.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 28-Jan-17 15:28:46

At least she left it for DP not you. She is so cute!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 28-Jan-17 15:29:14

Squeeee. Just look at those tiny teeth

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:28:14

Previous cat was long haired and I got something like that every few days, despite brushing, special food etc. Current cat is a huge fluffball and doesn't seem to suffer. Seems to only affect some cats, but don't know why.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 29-Jan-17 08:27:28

Yes mine are long haired Persians, and I've never had a hairball from either of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now