Talk

Advanced search

Kitten with Fleas

(9 Posts)
Wildernesswandering Thu 26-Jan-17 10:08:39

My Ragdoll kitten has flea!!! We have had her about 3 weeks, there are no other pets in the house, does this mean she brought them with her from the breeders? Do I need to spray carpets etc, it's awful, I feel so itchy!!!! Thank you for any advice...

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 26-Jan-17 10:11:44

She may have had them when she came from the breeder. As she is a kitten I would advise getting a product from your vet Advocate, Prinovox, Broadline, activyl and Bravecto are all very good products. At this time of year I would strongly advise spraying the house to break the life cycle and Indorexx and Acclaim are the best sprays out there.

Wildernesswandering Thu 26-Jan-17 13:34:42

Thank you so much, I'll go to the vets. I am right to be annoyed that she probably 'brought' them with her from the breeder (having paid quite a lot of money) or is it just one of those things?

gamerchick Thu 26-Jan-17 13:37:09

She may have had them. Someone could have brought them in. I once had one sitting on my leg coming home with me from work.

It's important to keep on top of treatment.

gamerchick Thu 26-Jan-17 13:38:35

My kids have brought them in from their dads who has a scary infestation he's not interested in sorting but they don't turn into one here.

CatBallou2 Thu 26-Jan-17 23:14:24

A kitten I once had was covered in fleas from the home that she came from. I was shocked at the extent of them, they were literally crawling around her head. I had to give her regular baths, which she hated, and fought me constantly to be left alone.

LivingInMidnight Fri 27-Jan-17 17:49:40

Did the breeder tell you when she was last treated and what with? What flea treatment were you planning on using before this? You need to keep on top of flea treatment, it's much easier than getting rid of an infestation.

Ilovecaindingle Fri 27-Jan-17 17:51:11

If she is not going to go nuts then a bath is a good start!!

Wildernesswandering Fri 27-Jan-17 20:51:00

Thanks so much for the replies. I was a bit horrified at first but managed to get a grip! The breeder did treat her but I saw a vet, have treated her again and sprayed the house top to bottom with some 'stuff'. I will keep on top of it and yes, a bath would be interesting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now