Talk

Advanced search

Catnip tip

(3 Posts)
FurryLittleTwerp Wed 25-Jan-17 22:35:01

Today I found a grotty catnip mouse under a cupboard in my breakfast room. Boring, old, catnip mouse from several months ago (I'm not the most fastidious housekeeper). It smelt dusty & uninteresting.

Neither cat was interested, when I showed it to them. One went off to bat an almond (in its shell - a Christmas relic) round the room. The other just sat & looked at me like I was an idiot

I suddenly thought lavender-wheatbag-microwave-catnip-mouse-why-not? & zapped the mouse for 5 seconds (that was long enough - didn't want the feather tail igniting)

I, with my crap sense of smell, could smell the difference immediately much (more catnippy - it wasn't a burning smell at all) & the mouse is now "interesting to cats" & the nutty (sic) cat is drooling over it with a daft expression on her face smile

DubiousCredentials Wed 25-Jan-17 22:40:28

😺

ophiotaurus Wed 25-Jan-17 22:40:48

Ooh I will try this! Thanks for the tip. I have a catnip rabbit that is no longer interesting to cat overlord...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now