Talk

Advanced search

If you're at home with your cat

(17 Posts)
hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 02:00:06

What do they do? I'm being nosy!
Tonight I am trying to sew, and have given it up as I'll pay someone to do it grin
Reason being the cat. Mr Ollie hmm
Because he can't sit on me he is sat at my feet ferociously over grooming. When that didn't work he went out the room and screeched. Then tried to jump on me. Said no and shut him out the room and he's now singing the song of the very sad cat
Do other cats just chill on their own and sit there like a cat? Or does everyone else's pester them 24/7?

PollyCazaletWannabe Wed 25-Jan-17 02:05:55

Our two want to sit on us all the time. If I try to read or go on my phone while I'm holding one of them, she attacks whatever it is in holding until I put it down and concentrate on stroking her hmmgrin

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 02:08:08

Now I've given up on sewing and messaged the highly expensive alteration service. The little git has sloped off somewhere to be quiet confusedhmm

Toddlerteaplease Wed 25-Jan-17 03:26:46

Poor neglected Ollie. . Mine just lollop around looking like a pair of furry amoeba's until I go into the kitchen and both sit in the doorway looking at me with huge hopeful eyes. Fatty likes to watch me from her tree. Snorg usually sits under the bed. Very occasionally they'll wrestle one of their toys. They like the back of the sofa and fatty will sit on my knee but only on my favourite cushion!

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 13:08:28

He got banished last night to the living room after lots of shouting at 4am

Weedsnseeds1 Wed 25-Jan-17 13:14:07

Well today, mine has been outside playing in muddy puddles. He's now having a snooze on the bed. When he's finished doing that, I assume I will be putting the washing machine on......

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 13:15:50

Oops blushblushblush I've tried to send him outside but he's having none of it. I'm being glared at while I put my makeup on

eddiemairswife Wed 25-Jan-17 13:18:00

She sleeps in front of the fire.

Gaaaah Wed 25-Jan-17 13:20:13

I have one that will constantly be a nuisance. He's only satisfied if he's being touched and will climb higher until he's rubbing my face and head if he's not happy with unenthusiastic stroking.

It's quite sweet really but god if I have to have a mouth full of tail once more...

GinAndOnIt Wed 25-Jan-17 13:26:39

GinCat's routine is a bit like this:

Come upstairs in morning and head butt endlessly until coffee has spilled/my phone has been dropped/whatever to make me get out of bed to feed him. If I'm still asleep, he will just sit on my chest/back/shoulder and stare at me until I move. Then I return to bed for a coffee without the head butts, and GinCat returns to the bed after breakfast for a much calmer cuddle. He then stays there until approximately 1pm.

Then he comes down to eat my lunch scraps. Then sleeps on his bench in the kitchen. Then goes out for about....10 minutes, returns with mouse, eats in kitchen, then finds me and sits as close as possible.

Except if I've been out at all. Then he sits staring out of the cat flap until I'm home, and then follows me around to make sure I never leave him again

Least I know he likes me, hey?

LiefieLiefie Wed 25-Jan-17 13:30:59

Just double taked at your photo Polly as my two are the exact same colouring as yours.

Currently lying on the bed doing university work with one curled up next to my head and one by my feet.

Feeling a bit emotional as we just found out we messed up the paperwork to take them back to the UK with me tomorrow, so they are having to stay with DP and then PILs for 3 months. How am I supposed to be away from them for 3 months?!!

ScruffyTheJanitor Wed 25-Jan-17 13:33:59

Miny boy isn't quite one yet so I don't know if things will change. He spends his days trying to get me to play. Sometimes I will play with him, other times I won't. When I refuse he will go to many lengths to change my mind.
He'll rub his head on me, making me thinknhe wants fuss, he doesnt.
He'll get on to the sideboard, stare at me because he knows he's not supposed to be on there.
He'll stand in front of the TV, blocking my view.
He'll knock things off of places, ornaments, pens, pencils etc.
Eventually he'll give up and scratch the hell out of my sofa.

Remember that old song?
"I don't know why i love you but I do..."
smile

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 18:32:47

Update. Still shouting
How long before cats lose their voice? confused

Toddlerteaplease Wed 25-Jan-17 18:39:33

Hollinhurst. Bring him down to me!

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 18:41:51

Have you seen his FB video today?! You can take him grin

roseteapot101 Wed 25-Jan-17 19:18:35

At 5 am mine brought me his feather dangle wand >.>

heres he is lovable pest

TheLastDrop Wed 25-Jan-17 19:25:05

No, my cat is so needy, like a toddler with separation anxiety. And my lap won't do, she wants to be on my chest.Thankfully only in the winter, she just refuses to go out but then gets bored despite lots of playtime. In the summertime however you'll find me out in the garden at midnight calling her name like a loon trying to get her in for the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now