Talk

Advanced search

Our boy passed away last night

(25 Posts)
Offler Sat 21-Jan-17 21:58:36

He was 15 / 16 years old and just the best.

He came to us as a stray in 2004, a manky, skinny Tom who kept getting into our house and spraying (he thought the neighbours cats lived here!). We realised he had a pretty nasty wound under one of his front legs, so we took him to the vets and £600 and much surgery later (including the loss of his Crown Jewels!) he was ours.

He's had a marvellous life of being pampered (mostly by my soppy DP 😁). Grudgingly accepted the children (more so once they reached the treat giving age) and didn't slice them too much 😉. He would wake DP up at all hours for food or to be let out (even when we had a cat flap!). Always reminded me of the Simon's cat cartoon with the baseball bat 😂. He ruled the roost, he was big, he was tough and as soppy as anything.

He started to get ill late last year and was diagnosed with lymphoma, we tried chemo tablets and steroids, but it was too aggressive. Last night he lost all balance and eventually couldn't get up, so we sadly said goodbye and he was pts just after midnight.

So goodnight our Scruff, our boy, sleep well and chase rabbits in your dreams forever xxx

cozietoesie Sat 21-Jan-17 22:10:31

He was a wonderful boy - and such colours.

I'm very sorry.

Wishforsnow Sat 21-Jan-17 22:12:33

He looks lovely. Sorry for your loss flowers

pinkhousesarebest Sat 21-Jan-17 22:13:52

Oh I am so sorry. What a lovely tribute to him. What a lucky lad to have turned his life around like this. I am sure he is so missed.

Vinorosso74 Sat 21-Jan-17 22:16:16

So sorry for your loss, I think he had a good life with you. I have to say he looks so like our previous cat who passed around this time 10 years ago.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 21-Jan-17 22:17:13

What a lovely looking cat. I am sorry for your loss flowers RIP dear puss.

Wellitwouldbenice Sat 21-Jan-17 22:18:26

So very sorry flowers He looks absolutely beautiful.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 21-Jan-17 22:21:49

Very sorry. flowersA very beautiful, very smug looking cat. Especially in the last photo. He knew he had you wrapped round his paw! What a great life you gave him.

Parisbanana Sat 21-Jan-17 22:23:21

What a gorgeous cat he was. So sorry for your loss. Just remember what a wonderful life he had with you and all the happiness you shared. Of course you will miss him, you'll keep spotting him out the corner of your eye, you'll expect him to be there when you come in. But mostly you'll remember him with fondness and love. flowers

LastGirlOnTheLeft Sat 21-Jan-17 22:24:57

I am so sorry!flowers He looked so adorable. I know how much pain you must be in....one day at a time. sad

comehomemax Sat 21-Jan-17 22:27:14

So sorry for your loss. Your OP about him is gorgeous - he was obviously very well loved.

RustyPaperclip Sat 21-Jan-17 22:39:55

So sorry about your beautiful boy. Cats always pick a good home and he chose you. That is special and I hope that memory gives you some comfort in this emotional timeflowers

DanyellasDonkey Sat 21-Jan-17 22:44:59

So sorry - sweet old boy flowers

Chickydoo Sat 21-Jan-17 22:46:18

What a beautiful cat.
Am so sorry 💐

Chocolou Sat 21-Jan-17 22:54:32

So so sorry for you. He looks just like my boy. Hope he's giving those rabbits a good run around.

flowers and un mumsnetty hugs for you all

Threetoedsloth Sat 21-Jan-17 23:02:44

Oh such a lovely boy. We love them so. RIP precious lad.

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 21-Jan-17 23:25:04

What a handsome beast. You gave him a home when he needed one and he repayed you with love.

frostyfingers Sat 21-Jan-17 23:29:40

Beautiful, what a lovely story too.

DramaAlpaca Sat 21-Jan-17 23:34:03

Gorgeous boy. I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP Scruff.

We had our lovely old boy put to sleep today aged 15 so I know just how you are feeling flowers

Offler Sun 22-Jan-17 00:46:01

Thank you all for kind words, and sorry for your loss too Drama x

CatBallou2 Sun 22-Jan-17 00:47:20

It's terrible when they go. My heart's broken for you. He was lucky to have found you all and had such a wonderful life.

SecretWitch Sun 22-Jan-17 00:52:07

So sorry for the loss of your old boy flowers He looked like the King of the Castle! So hard on the heart when we loss our beloved pets. I had to put my darling old ginger cat to sleep just before Christmas. I miss her everyday.
Sending love and hugs to you..

TrustySnail Sun 22-Jan-17 00:56:28

What a beautiful boy - I love the picture of him on his back. I'm so sorry for your loss, it sounds like you had a wonderful life together. flowers

RubbishMantra Sun 22-Jan-17 15:21:32

Thank goodness he found you and had a lovely life.

Wishing you comfort.

cushioncovers Mon 23-Jan-17 19:31:03

How lucky for him and you to have found each other. He was beautiful. flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now