Talk

Advanced search

Ah shit, she's pulled a stitch

(19 Posts)
Soubriquet Tue 17-Jan-17 19:58:30

And it looks like it's infected

3 days left!! That's all she had to fucking wait! 3 days!!

Now she has to go back to the vet tomorrow and have it done all over again angry

What the hell can I do to stop her bothering it?

Cones are no good, she freaks out too much.

Just tried a bandage and she psychotically rolled on the floor yowling and hissing.

What the hell can I do?

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 17-Jan-17 20:02:29

Was it a tubular bandage you tried or a long one that needed pinning? My lovely old cat went ape-shit with the latter after some bastard shot him but soon got used to a tube one (on his midrift) it was a large one from some dh had had for his thigh.

Soubriquet Tue 17-Jan-17 20:04:19

One that needed taping.

Nothing else in the house at the moment. Don't think she will even tolerate a tubie grip either

She's so intolerant

eleventybillion Tue 17-Jan-17 20:08:39

Oh no - where it it?

You can get vests now ... my vet does them as an alternative to the cone of shame.

A cut down babygro worked pretty well for eleventycat (after a few horrendous months in a collar with a wound that would not heal).

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 17-Jan-17 20:13:27

Yep, the babygro/medical onesie/pyjamas, as long as it covers the wound obviously.

Have you got any item of clothing small enough to be affixed to the cat? Where is the wound?

Soubriquet Tue 17-Jan-17 20:17:09

Wounds on her belly! Which means it's harder to cover. I've got some baby grows and some vests but I'm confused as to how I can put it on her and still allow weeing and pooing

The vest I've got seems to be the better size but again if I don't do it up she can pull it up but if I do it up, she can get to the stitches

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 17-Jan-17 20:22:03

If you Google image search for "medical vest for cats" it shoes you some images. Basically, they don't need a huge gap cut out at the bottom, but if your can take the scissors to an old babygro, the poppers go round the hindquarters, with a hole which runs from above the tail to the underside, but not as far as the wound. That leaves enough space for them to toilet, but only just, so you do need to check it regularly.

Our dog has just been spayed and we took it off her hindquarters when she was going out to the loo, but not so easy for cats!

Fortunately my moggy tolerates her cone of shame beautifully.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 17-Jan-17 20:25:32

Baby gro with a comfort hole cut over her bum?.

Soubriquet Tue 17-Jan-17 20:48:13

I'll have a google.

Or send it with her tomorrow and let the vet sort something

She's sleeping at the moment. We stressed her out by getting the bandage on her

eleventybillion Tue 17-Jan-17 20:54:41

Eleventycat had a large belly wound.

Cut the flappy bits off (that close under the bum) and stick the arms in. See pic!

As long as it covers the wound you should be ok grin

Good luck!

Soubriquet Tue 17-Jan-17 20:58:34

Won't she just push it up if she's determined to get to it?

eleventybillion Tue 17-Jan-17 21:02:09

Eleventycat didn't and she's pretty determined. Something about the angle ... she was trying to groom downwards IYSWIM so the shirt stayed put.

You could see if the vet has something like this ...

www.petsperfect.co.uk/products/medical-pet-shirt-for-cats

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Tue 17-Jan-17 21:04:01

Eleventycat looks lke she will smother you while you sleepshock

Soubriquet Tue 17-Jan-17 21:07:06

Right I'll give it a go! Wish me luck

eleventybillion Tue 17-Jan-17 21:08:11

Oh fart she hated that babygro. I wondered if it was the tractor design she had a problem with grin

eleventybillion Tue 17-Jan-17 21:10:26

Good luck Soubriquet! Worth a go tonight ... don't forget to have plenty of treats on hand to distract and post pics

Soubriquet Tue 17-Jan-17 21:17:12

Pictures will be definitely taken

And I'll make sure I'll bolt my room shut too so she can't murder me in my sleep grin

Soubriquet Wed 18-Jan-17 10:00:05

Got some good news! The stitches are actually mostly healed. The vet has removed the rest and she's had an antibiotic shot just to help. Vet thinks it will heal nicely on its own now

eleventybillion Wed 18-Jan-17 21:33:14

Yay! That's brilliant news grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now