Talk

Advanced search

Help! How do I wash my kitten?

(7 Posts)
TheCakes Sun 15-Jan-17 17:05:47

DH is decorating. Looks like Ozzy's been helping. Using his tail as a paintbrush.
How do I get it off?! Emulsion if it makes a difference...

JennyHolzersGhost Sun 15-Jan-17 17:08:16

Emulsion should wipe off with a damp cloth. It's water based.
Keep the kitten well away from paint in future.

Ilovecaindingle Sun 15-Jan-17 17:08:39

Fairy and warm water should work. Then rinse off!!

montezumasrevenge Sun 15-Jan-17 17:14:17

We had this with our kittens, on their paws no less. They were small so I ran them under a cold tap, they were entirely unbothered by it grin they were just desperate to get back to their adventure playground of dust sheets and the amazing kitten climbing frame that is step ladders! Under the tap is fine, bit of hand soap or fairy if you need it.
Good luck op, keep her away from the chimney if you've got one! Soot is much messier to remove grin

TheCakes Sun 15-Jan-17 21:59:32

Sorted! I made a puddle in the bath and let him play in it while I wiped his tail with a soapy flannel.
He was puzzled, but it was fairly painless.
Silly kitten..

RamblinRosie Sun 15-Jan-17 23:18:41

Had a similar situation, loft conversion, I was painting the shower room, doorbell rang - supervising cat panicked, and left via the paint tray, I managed to trap him in the new bedroom, otherwise he'd have been tracking paint down two flights of stairs!

Used a bath of shallow warm water, just rinsed it off, miffed moggie, but no real damage.

fourcorneredcircle Mon 16-Jan-17 09:09:24

Our boy cat sank up to his shoulders in wet concrete as a kitten when he escaped! He got considerably more than "a puddle" to play in grin I still have the scars on one hand! I love kittens, they're so in to stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now