Talk

Advanced search

Flea Treatment Suggestions

(9 Posts)
Minta85 Fri 13-Jan-17 00:06:11

My Burmese boy has been scratching behind his ears more during the last few weeks. He went to a cattery over Christmas and I wonder if he might have caught fleas there. Can anyone suggest a good flea treatment, preferably drops that can be put on the back of his neck? I've also read that some brands have caused bad reactions, so which ones should I avoid?

5OBalesofHay Fri 13-Jan-17 00:08:45

Stronghold from the vet. Pet shop stuff doesn't work.

Minta85 Fri 13-Jan-17 00:15:18

Ah, I was hoping for something I could buy from Pets at Home! Thanks for your suggestionsmile.

GardenGeek Fri 13-Jan-17 00:16:03

We use Broadline from Vets

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 13-Jan-17 07:46:50

I use Advantage, which you can get at PAH, but I know fleas have developed immunity to that in some parts of the country, so it may not work for you. Don't use Bob Martin's. Comb your cat to see if you can see black specks of flea dirt. Ear mites are another possibility, if it's only his ears he's scratching at. Fleas they often bite at the base of their tail as well as scratching.

Minta85 Fri 13-Jan-17 10:37:47

Thanks for all other suggestions, and I hadn't thought of ear mites - there may be a vet visit coming his way!

paddypants13 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:15:11

We use Broadline or Advocate both supplied by the vet.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 13-Jan-17 12:01:31

I used Advocate from the vets.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 13-Jan-17 16:18:37

My current favourite is Bravecto as it lasts three months and does ticks. Again only from the vets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now