Talk

Advanced search

Celebrating our clowder, join us!

(21 Posts)
sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:19:50

I don't mind the crazy cat lady comments, seeing as it was DH who started it. This lot bring so much love to our household, my children don't know life without them and it's wonderful to see how much they have learned to care. So here are our first 3. Momo, Suru, and Lennon

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:20:30

and we have Shinobi, Pixie and Bumble

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:21:11

and finally, Cici, Teddy and Tux

MummyPigLovesAppleSauce Sun 08-Jan-17 09:23:20

Awwww... they are lovely!

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:27:13

Thank you! I do have to agree :D

Icequeen01 Sun 08-Jan-17 12:44:50

I am so jealous, you have a gorgeous gang there. I would love to have more cats but DH only lets me have 2 sadI think I could probably persuade him to let me have one more as we always used to have 3 but I think it would only be if one happens to turn up at our house in obvious need. So any stray little kitties send them this way, my door is open!

Gatekeeper Sun 08-Jan-17 12:47:04

beautiful cat gang you have sugarplum....lovely home as well smile

LivingInMidnight Sun 08-Jan-17 12:51:32

Wow that's a gorgeous gang! Do they get on?

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 13:30:00

They are all family except Teddy and Tux, it's taken longer to get Teddy and Tux settled but in the main everyone gets on.

Momo along with these two stunners (who we very very sadly lost) are responsible for everyone else. Suru is Momo and Georges son. Lennon and Shinobi are Lady and George's. Pixie and Bumble are Shinobi's daughters. Cici is Bumbe's daughter. We did have another Narla but we lost her last year.

The last photo is one of many, typical day in our house

Vinorosso74 Sun 08-Jan-17 14:09:38

That's very orderly sleeping! How do you manage to keep track of them all?
They are very lovely.

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 15:05:22

That's the neatest one I have lol. I think because we've added gradually we just get to know them and learn what they all want and need. They get all their appointments together, flea treatment and worming, so it's only one date to remember. We certainly turn heads carrying them all in to the vets.

They don't all go out, all except 1 are allowed out, but Pixie and Cici don't go out out only in the garden for maybe 15 minutes, Momo will only go out with Suru on occasion, Teddy is just petrified so won't set foot outside. Over time we have somehow figured out that certain cats come back after a certain whistle.

I know if Lennon doesn't come in his over in the stable hay barn, Shinobi will actually be in the stable. Suru is the only one where I don't know where he goes.

ShowOfHands Sun 08-Jan-17 15:14:05

I have always had cats but not for the last few years due to myriad factors. Last month, Euphrasie came to live with us. DH is away until June and anticipating coming home to several more. I've promised I'll practise restraint.

She's only 4 months so an indoor cat until her op in March.

I must not adopt more. Really.

Icequeen01 Sun 08-Jan-17 16:23:29

She's beautiful Showofhands. I am rather partial to a Tortie! Such a sweet little face.

LivingInMidnight Sun 08-Jan-17 16:36:19

ShowOfHands I'm basically stalking the local cat shelter. I just think I need one more.

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 08-Jan-17 16:45:15

Wow what beautiful cats. They certainly look at ease with one another and very well cared for. We have recently adopted two, having only ever had a single cat before that has seemed like a big jump, I can't imagine having 9 but I bet it is wonderful!

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 18:06:21

Aw ShowOfHands she's lovely!

How many do you have Living?

I really miss having kittens around the place, was the best fun ever even with a 2 week old baby. I think this photo says it all. We had 10 kittens and 3 adults. We've had 11 adult cats at one time but now our numbers are going down sad

LivingInMidnight Sun 08-Jan-17 20:23:59

Omg the kittens!! 😍

I adopted 2, but they don't get on that well and the younger one really wants a friend. I'm a bit dubious though because knowing my luck a third cat wouldn't like her either!

Icequeen01 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:27:43

I've just shown my DM your photo and said I want a sofa like that! She replied 'don't you think it might be a bit squishy for DH's back' πŸ™„ Some people just don't get it πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Icequeen01 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:34:08

Just shown my DM your gorgeous photo and said that I would like a sofa like that. She replied 'Don't you think it will be a bit squishy for DH's back'! πŸ™„ Some people just don't get it do they πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Icequeen01 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:34:49

Sorry, thought I had lost my first post but obviously not!

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 08-Jan-17 21:23:20

They were just the best! 2 litters, first born 2 weeks after my DD and the second 3 weeks later. Cannot tell you just how much fun it was! Momo was Mummy first and she was fantastic, when the 2nd litter arrived she helped Lady who seem unsure what to do. Momo would jump from one basket to the other to feed both litters. There was always a little one being incredibly cute or naughty, or being zonked somewhere! I should have charged Β£1 to spend an afternoon with them all, would have been rich grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now Β»

Already registered? Log in with: