Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

uggggh Zara's booster shot today

(24 Posts)
iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 08:25:34

Preparing myself for her screams of horror and outrage as all the animals who are actually sick sit quietly and obediently in the vet's waiting room and all the humans judge me.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 08-Jan-17 08:29:06

Wear a tracksuit, huge hoop earrings & yell at her to "shuuuut uuuuup Chaantalll" to complete the look?.

Or tell everyone she's a friends cat & good grief isn't she noisy?.

SoupDragon Sun 08-Jan-17 08:34:47

I hear you...

This week is my Week of Shame as both FatCat and SoupDogg are due boosters. So, that is one large yowling cat and a hyperactive spaniel who insists on weeing up the counter if I take my eyes off him. To add to my shame, SoupDogg was already there last week after a dog attack so it has extended my embarrassment.

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 08:35:40

Wear a tracksuit, huge hoop earrings & yell at her to "shuuuut uuuuup Chaantalll" to complete the look?.

Excellent. [inspects wardrobe]

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 08:37:05

Every time she manages to make it sound like I'm killing her. She's in fine health and lives like a queen.

SoupDragon Sun 08-Jan-17 08:40:51

Does she yowl for the entire journey there too?

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 08:56:19

Yep. Which we make in a taxi cos I don't have a car. It's only ten minutes thankfully, but ten minutes of me going
"It's okay lovely girl, don't worry!" whilst she screams expletives at me and tries to bust out of the carrier.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 08-Jan-17 09:15:13

But look at her. Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth! Omg she's gorgeous!

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 09:19:39

She is my princess fairy baby angel.
She's evil at the vets though.

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 11:51:42

Well, we got through it. Zara is boostered and remains in rude health, except that, for the first time in her life - she is fat! Actually, the vet said very fat, but seeing as his English was so bad he also said she was a beautiful dog when I first took her out of the carrier, I'm taking that one with a pinch of salt.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 08-Jan-17 12:19:11

How rude!.

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 12:37:42

He realized he'd got it wrong as soon as he said it grin. My immediate response was to go 'she's a cat', but I didn't want to tell him how to do his job and all grin

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 08-Jan-17 12:42:48

Are you sure he was a vet? 😂

cozietoesie Sun 08-Jan-17 13:04:18

If she's yelling, she's likely not frightened - just annoyed and 'put out'. On future occasions, don't try to soft-soap her with those loving comments. Just ignore her until she realises what a fool she's making of herself. smile

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 14:14:33

Well, she wasn't too scared for a compensatory Dreamie, so you're probably right!

SnowBalls It wasn't the most confidence-inspiring opening. His accent was so thick it's just about possible he said 'girl', but it really sounded like 'dog'

RubbishMantra Sun 08-Jan-17 16:13:31

She really is such a pretty cat. I remember the first time meeting a pair of Abyssinians and thinking they reminded me of small, dainty lions.

MCat miaows sadly on the way to the vet, Little M shouts in a demanding tone. Loudly and continuously. Loves the actual vets though, because he gets loads of fuss and attention. Poor MCat turns to jelly, and clouds of his hair starts falling out.

RubbishMantra Sun 08-Jan-17 16:23:03

*....Little M was often mistaken for a toy breed dog when he was a kitten. By the post man though, not an actual vet...

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 08-Jan-17 16:27:04

Poor MCat sad. Well, a teeny tiny Devon, a teeny tiny poodle - it could happen. Though I think he looked more like a bird as a kitten.

RubbishMantra Sun 08-Jan-17 21:55:41

You're right ilove, a sort of fledgling without all their adult feathers! He's now sporting his winter mutton chop sideburns and fetlocks that blow in the wind!

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 08-Jan-17 22:31:29

The emergency vet SnowCat saw last had a very thick accent. He also announced to SC when he wouldn't get out of his carrier that 'he didn't have all day, and he didn't really like cats'. It didn't help.

cozietoesie Sun 08-Jan-17 22:46:12

Reminds me of this advert.

It's the cat's gulp at the end that gets me every time.🙂

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 09-Jan-17 06:16:35

Lol it was a bit like that!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 09-Jan-17 14:19:19

Our teenagehood cat had a vet that used to tell our cat that he hated white cats, and had joined the anti white cat league. He was brilliant. Said white cat loved him!

TheWayYouLookTonight Mon 09-Jan-17 14:27:36

Glad you got through it OP! Mr T always wails non stop in the car and in the vet's waiting room, it's really embarrassing. He's always quiet for the vet though.
Mind you, last year the vet had to do Mr T's booster jabs on her hands and knees under the examination table as he had bolted under there and refused to come out, even for dreamies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now