Talk

Advanced search

Crying all night

(12 Posts)
Misericord Sat 07-Jan-17 23:20:54

And she is SO LOUD. And so persistent.

She's a ten(ish) year old Bengal(ish) female, and has quite the voice. She just sits outside the door and cries for houuuuurs, in varying tones.

I have ear plugs, but I'm concerned - is it a sign of sadness or just boredom (/being cussed)? Can I stop her? She can't come in - she fidgets like mad to the point where it's totally impossible to sleep with her in the room.

SO LOUD.

Misericord Sat 07-Jan-17 23:51:32

I just went out to the bathroom and she hurtled herself at me, all purry, as if she had been all alone for weeks (I went to bed about an hour and a half ago and have spent all day on the sofa with her as am not well....). Crazy? In need of senior cat reassurance? Testing out her feline domination levels?!

Weedsnseeds1 Sun 08-Jan-17 00:04:51

I just let mine sleep on the bed, he has half the king-size bed, OH and I huddle on the other half. It sounds like you have a very bonded cat.

clairethewitch70 Sun 08-Jan-17 00:09:37

She is crying outside your door as she wants your company. Either fidgeting or crying, your choice to make. I would let her on the bed. She will probably settle with you.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 08-Jan-17 08:24:14

Bengals don't give up. We put ours in the utility overnight with everything he needs.

We turned the door handle round so he can't jump up and repeatedly twang it.

I'd let him sleep with us if he didn't get up at 4:30am and shove his paw in my mouth.

Misericord Sun 08-Jan-17 12:48:28

Fluffy - exactly. Usually face in mouth actually - she tried to get her entire head into mine. It's not something that goes well and then, upset at this uncouth defiance by the laws of physics, puss will begin to yowl in rage.

I feel bad putting her in the kitchen (where she has her cat flap, food, water...) - I would like her to be able to roam the house, the kitchen is quite small and she likes to sleep during the day on the sofa or spare bed.

Is there any way of making her realise it'a bed time and settling her down? As one does for dogs, for example - the routine having been established that the TV would be off, they'd get a treat, and then it was time for bed...

cozietoesie Sun 08-Jan-17 13:08:11

Wake her up and play with her during the day if you're around. smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 08-Jan-17 17:39:06

Which is worse, lack of sleep or guilt at cat being in a kitchen overnight?.

hollinhurst84 Mon 09-Jan-17 20:20:51

Mine cries. And cries. And cries
Even when the door is open and he can come in hmm
So yes, um. You're not alone? grin

Misericord Tue 10-Jan-17 07:29:14

Haha - thanks hollinhurst!

RubbishMantra Tue 10-Jan-17 19:06:10

If it's only begun recently, could be thyroid related?

Misericord Wed 18-Jan-17 00:04:39

She was checked out at the vet a few weeks ago so it isn't health related.

Earplugs it is...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now