Talk

Advanced search

Furminator vs DakPets

(7 Posts)
cakedup Fri 06-Jan-17 20:32:52

I've got two indoor cats, light wooden floors and have to hoover every day.
I've heard amazing things about the Furminator, how it can reduce shedding drastically so have just gone on Amazon to buy one.

However, there is a cheaper version called DakPets Deshedding Tool with loads of good reviews. Just wondering if anyone has tried this, or both and if it compares.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 07-Jan-17 09:08:16

Don't waste your money on a furminator. The only take the top hair off and don't heal with the undercoat. I use a cheap version on a tangle teaser most days and a metal wide tooth comb from pets at home once a week. I also got s professional groomer to give them a good going over and that was the biggest help.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 07-Jan-17 09:09:21

Before I was taught how to groom them properly I used a cheaper de shedder and it was just as good.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 07-Jan-17 09:09:46

As the furminator.

cakedup Sat 07-Jan-17 22:43:50

Toddler hundreds of reviews plus several members of an fb cat owners group can't be wrong? My cats are short haired so have no need to go to a professional groomer. It's more about cutting down on cat hair around the home! So you've tried a furminator as well as the cheaper version?

Toddlerteaplease Sun 08-Jan-17 09:17:30

Yes. I have. I found the cheaper version just as effective. The only difference I found was that it didn't have an ejector button for the hair. But I never used it anyway. Don't think I've still got mine or I'd send you the furminator.

cakedup Sun 08-Jan-17 23:11:55

Thanks Toddlerteaplease flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now