Talk

Advanced search

Biting help

(12 Posts)
littlemissM92 Fri 06-Jan-17 16:09:45

Have read up on this and it's not the affectionate time where they should hold your skin he is really digging in repeatedly.. it says it's when they don't want attention but we purposely don't stroke when he's in these moods. We currently either put him down on floor if he's doing it on sofa or bed and give him a toy to distract and rip to bits .. any advise?

littlemissM92 Fri 06-Jan-17 16:10:11

Should add he's 3 months

Wolfiefan Fri 06-Jan-17 16:15:12

He's a kitten. They do this. Yy to giving a toy. Roll a ball away from you or some screwed up paper. Give him a toy he can bite and attack.

littlemissM92 Fri 06-Jan-17 16:50:00

Do this a lot but only works for so long then he goes for feet ankles face hands I know they bite but he seems like he really eats to hurt u?!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 06-Jan-17 17:06:24

It's normal at 3 months & calms down after neutering at around 5-6 months.

Usually they'd play bite mum or siblings but single kits bite the owners instead.

My cat was a right little sod for it but is a soppy lap cat now.

Wolfiefan Fri 06-Jan-17 17:07:51

The feet. Aarrrgh. The feet. I had both kids in tears as the tortie terrors attacked their feet whilst they were walking.
Soon stops. They don't mean to hurt. They are just playing as they would with another cat. Practice for hunting!

LivingInMidnight Fri 06-Jan-17 17:18:18

It will calm down. I used the wear a hand puppet (think it was Cookie Monster) for my last cat to attack when she was a kitten blush

littlemissM92 Fri 06-Jan-17 17:26:12

Will look into that puppet sounds like something the terror would like. He is adorable but it's like he's got the devil in him for a couple hours a day and it's when we get in from work and want to cuddle him
But he won't have it x

Wolfiefan Fri 06-Jan-17 17:28:31

Ha. Learn your place cat slave!! grin
Play first. Then cuddle.
Foam ball rolled for pouncing.
Feather on a stick for murdering.
Laser pointer (designed for pets but mind eyes) for chasing.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 06-Jan-17 21:10:50

Ping pong balls are good, pets at home do a catnip mouse that squeaks when you kick it. Very popular here.

timtam23 Fri 06-Jan-17 21:57:20

3-4 months can be an absolute nightmare, their teeth are like little needles. My young kids really didn't like my cat at that age as he was so unpredictable & used to jump at them with all claws & teeth out. Try to discourage everyone from using their hands/feet as playthings for the kitten, maybe try a fishing rod-type toy? It does get a lot better as they get older - especially after neutering

littlemissM92 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:08:27

Defo getting neutered but he's not old enough for another 8weeks thanks for all advise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now