Talk

Advanced search

Worms!

(6 Posts)
Littlemissindependent Wed 04-Jan-17 15:02:23

Recently acquired kitten decided to make it known this morning that she'd got a lovely case of worms sad despite having supposedly been wormed when I collected her 5 weeks ago. Drontal subsequently administered (many cuts sustained in the process) but am wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to work?

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 04-Jan-17 16:25:19

Ideally kittens should be wormed once a month till 6 months of age due to roundworm transmission in mothers milk and the worm lifecycle. So having worms 5 weeks after previous treatment is not a big surprise. Drontal usually works in 34 to 48 hours.

dementedpixie Wed 04-Jan-17 16:26:58

Supposed to be wormed every 2 weeks until 12 weeks according to what I've read

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 04-Jan-17 19:44:37

You can probably crush the drontal into yummy food like gourmet next time.

I crush all our cats meds.

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 04-Jan-17 22:02:04

If you use panacur the leaflet says this, but drontal or milbemax you can follow BSAVA guidelines of monthly.

Littlemissindependent Thu 05-Jan-17 08:59:32

There must have been magic in the worming tablets! Woken up this morning to a totally different kitten who's purring and making silly noises, head butting and actively wanting a fuss! Makes me wonder whether she genuinely had been wormed at all previously

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now