Talk

Advanced search

Meet our two new additions!

(12 Posts)
PosiePootlePerkins Tue 03-Jan-17 13:09:39

Some of you will have read my threads about our cat going missing after only 4 months with us, and my struggle with whether or not to adopt a new cat. The cat who went missing was adopted after we lost our old girl aged 18. Well in the end things sort of fell into place as they sometimes do in these situations. We had a home visit from a lady who volunteers at a rescue, she had experienced a cat going missing so understood our situation. We rang the shelter that day and they said we could come in that afternoon! We decided to go and have a look....and of course we met two cats who were just perfect for our family.
Meet Sybil and Basil, two cats who needed rehoming together. They are three and a half and are the sweetest natured cats. Sybil is the tabby, she is dinky but confident! Basil is black and white, he was shy at first but already coming out of his shell.
They have made our house a home again and I feel so much love towards them.

LowDudgeon Tue 03-Jan-17 13:23:53

They are gorgeous, Posie smile

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 03-Jan-17 13:40:43

They're very sweet.
Sybil and Basil. I'll take it you're a fan of Fawlty Towers

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 03-Jan-17 13:58:11

Thank you! My DH came up with the names, seeing as he didn't have much choice in whether or not we were actually getting new cats, I thought I'd give him some choice in the names!grin

LivingInMidnight Tue 03-Jan-17 17:59:25

They're gorgeous! I adopted 2 at the same time about 3 months ago. Prepare for them teaming up to do investigations during the night!

Brontebiscuits Tue 03-Jan-17 18:03:09

Love Basil's white flash down his face!

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 03-Jan-17 18:32:04

Midnight thanks for the tip! I bet your two are lovely, its nice to have a pair.
Bronte I know! It looks like someone's painted an uneven line! He's jet black which is really stunning against the white.
Thanks for your kind commentssmile

Icequeen01 Tue 03-Jan-17 20:28:26

I have seen your other posts Posie and so pleased to see you have two new editions. They are absolutely gorgeous and look very relaxed already. We adopted two brothers from our local rescue and having each other certainly gave them more confidence. I'm sure you will have lots of fun with them.

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 03-Jan-17 21:01:32

Thanks icequeen they do seem happy here! smile

TheSpottedZebra Tue 03-Jan-17 21:04:17

I LOVE the nose stripe!
They're both gorgeous -may you have many many happy years together.

Wolfiefan Tue 03-Jan-17 21:04:28

I too saw your other posts.
What gorgeous new additions. smile

PosiePootlePerkins Tue 03-Jan-17 21:14:24

Thank you. I will be dreading it when they start to go outside, in case history repeats itself, maybe I'll just keep them in forever wink They are both snoozing peacefully, one on an armchair and one on some blankets, bless them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: