Talk

Advanced search

Meet Marmalade!

(52 Posts)
Pengweng Mon 02-Jan-17 18:46:07

We went today to look at some cats at the local shelter and I had my eye on her from the start been checking the website for weeks
However we were number 28 in the queue and she had been reserved quite early on by someone else. By the time it was time for us to go in and see some other cats we heard someone say over the radio that she was available again. It was fate! She loved the DTs and was licking us all and purring like mad. We are collecting her on Saturday and I can't wait.

She is 10 and has a heart murmur but is not on any medication just yet. She is also still very active if a bit over weight but i'm sure that will come off when she has plenty of space to run around and play.

So excited! grin

Ilovecaindingle Mon 02-Jan-17 18:53:30

Reading behind those gorgeous eyes I see attitude!! Congratulations on your new addition!!

RubbishMantra Mon 02-Jan-17 19:22:44

No wonder you couldn't resist that Daily Fail sadface!

The time between now and Saturday will go v e r r r y s lo o w w l y.

And I agree with cain. She'll be ruling the house with a velvety iron paw in no time.

cherrycrumblecustard Mon 02-Jan-17 19:23:24

She has awesome markings!

cherrycrumblecustard Mon 02-Jan-17 19:23:50

Look at how long her whiskers are! I love her!

LivingInMidnight Mon 02-Jan-17 19:25:12

That's my all time favourite cat name that I still haven't had the chance to use! grin

She's lovely! Has she been there long?

Vinorosso74 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:37:34

Beautiful girl and her markings are amazing!

SuburbanRhonda Mon 02-Jan-17 19:41:58

She's beautiful. My ginger tabby girl has a mild heart murmur but it causes her no problems at all.

How lovely that you've adopted an older cat smile

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 02-Jan-17 19:50:02

She's gorgeous! My friend adopted a cat with a heart murmur but when he was checked the following year there was no sign of it.

Wolfiefan Mon 02-Jan-17 19:50:39

She's gorgeous. Yes I too read attitude!

moonbells Mon 02-Jan-17 19:52:51

Welcome to the tortie club!

DodoRevival Mon 02-Jan-17 19:55:31

Oh my she's deliciously grumpy looking. Can see why you wanted her

wtffgs Mon 02-Jan-17 20:15:24

Aaaw. I think you'll find that's Lady Marmalade to you, or Purr Royal Highness (sorry blush)

She's lovely and so are you for adopting an older cat with health issues. Bless her, I hope she enjoys a magnificent life being waited on paw on paw by with you! grin <needs cat emoticon!>

Toddlerteaplease Mon 02-Jan-17 20:44:40

She's gorgeous. This is going to be the longest week of your life. One of mine has a small murmur but is fine.

IlsaLund Mon 02-Jan-17 21:51:22

What a beauty! I'm always so pleased when people adopt older cats.

PosiePootlePerkins Mon 02-Jan-17 21:56:08

How lovely. We collected our two new additions yesterday afternoon and it already feels like they've been here forever! Good luck with her.
Ps our old girl had a heart murmur and lived to the grand old age of 18! So hopefully you will have many happy years ahead of you.

DramaAlpaca Mon 02-Jan-17 21:59:05

She's gorgeous, and a very lucky girl to have found you.

Wolfiefan Mon 02-Jan-17 21:59:11

Our old girl had one too. She made 19 and survived major abdominal surgery a few years before that!

Icequeen01 Mon 02-Jan-17 22:03:57

What a gorgeous girl. I loooove Torties, having owned two over the years. She will have you under her paw in no time. Torties are so full of character and deliciously naughty!

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 02-Jan-17 22:50:45

Oh, wow. I don't think I have ever seen a cat with a black bib like that before! Very pretty!

Pengweng Tue 03-Jan-17 07:13:20

Yes I can see her ruling the house. Poor DH ended up with another female but he knows his rightful place grin

One of the people who works at the shelter said her cat has the same a grade 2 murmur but that it goes down to a 1 and then back up again so we are hoping it won't cause her any problems.

I got a bit teary when we went in to see her so i know she is ours.

Only 4 more sleeps to go! Luckily the kids go back to school and i go back to work today so that will distract me for a bit.

catbrushblanket Tue 03-Jan-17 07:17:33

Congratulations OP! gorgeous naughty tortie!

Ohyesiam Tue 03-Jan-17 07:44:40

She's so lovely!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 05-Jan-17 12:59:38

Brilliant. Congratulations on the exciting arrival of your fur baby.

cozietoesie Thu 05-Jan-17 13:48:48

She's gorgeous. (If a little 'demanding'-looking. wink)

By the way, Seniorboy has had a heart murmur since he came to live with me.

That was 8 years ago. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now