Talk

Advanced search

Lost my cat this morning

(21 Posts)
YouCanButImNot Sat 31-Dec-16 12:43:27

Not posting for any particular reason just need to talk to like minded people. Had a knock on the door this morning from a woman saying she'd hit my cat with her car. Went outside, she was already gone. Looks like the car went over her head. I'm devastated, she was only 8 months old. She was my little girls best friend. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm so sad. I know there are worse things happening in the world and I need to remember that. I'm not having another, we lost one of our old boys earlier this year to illness and it's just too hard, I can't do it again.

MrsBertMacklin Sat 31-Dec-16 12:47:53

I'm so sorry, YouCan, especially hard to lose two furry overlords in a year.

flowers

TroysMammy Sat 31-Dec-16 12:50:05

I'm so sorry. It's awful, I know. Barnaby was 3 when he was knocked down and killed and his brother Troy died in May aged 5 from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I love cats and my house is so quiet and I've no one to care for. I can't bring myself to have another cat as I am also finding it too hard and don't think I could do it again. flowers for you.

Potentialmadcatlady Sat 31-Dec-16 12:51:04

Ooh I'm so so sorry...2016 has been a HORRIBLE year....

Potentialmadcatlady Sat 31-Dec-16 12:51:33

Fly high wee one

MollyHuaCha Sat 31-Dec-16 12:55:08

Thinking of you flowers

YouCanButImNot Sat 31-Dec-16 13:40:29

Thank you all so much. Just looking into getting her cremated, just devastated. Can't believe we've not got our little furry girl waiting for us at home. I don't know what my other boy will think when he gets home, he was bereft when we lost Barney and Elsa really pulled him through it. He's an old man now too sad

Meemolly Sat 31-Dec-16 14:33:27

Oh, so sorry to hear about your loss. It is incredibly painful when they go, we lost our little girl earlier this year.

Lilybensmum1 Sat 31-Dec-16 14:41:07

Ahh I'm so sorry to hear about you cat op, that's the worst thing about car ownership, I have always had cats and always will. How is you dd coping with the news my dd will be devestated when we loose our cat, she calls the cat her forever friend. flowers

Wolfiefan Sat 31-Dec-16 14:44:15

I'm so sorry for your loss. There may be horrid things happening elsewhere in the world but that doesn't change the fact that a horrible thing has happened to you. You've lost another family member and it's so hard. flowers

LivingInMidnight Sat 31-Dec-16 15:18:19

Oh no, I'm so sorry you. flowers

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 31-Dec-16 18:06:35

I am so so sorry. Heartbreaking. RIP dear pussflowersflowersflowers

YouCanButImNot Sat 31-Dec-16 22:56:13

Thank you all for your kind words, dd doesn't know yet - she's only 2 & a half and hasn't noticed as Elsa is normally out in the day. She'll realise in the morning because the first thing dd does when she gets up is 'fetch my kitten' and gives her a cuddle. Then she's sent out to catch mice. Not quite sure what to tell her yet, don't want to just say she's out but equally she's too little to understand. We were thinking of telling her she's very poorly and has had to go elsewhere. Not sure quite where elsewhere is as yet.

The house feels very empty tonight, she's left a very big hole in our lives. Thank you again.

Wolfiefan Sat 31-Dec-16 23:01:14

I think the blue cross has advice on how to tell kids. I do think they need to know a pet has died. I told both my kids that cat was very very ill and vet couldn't make her better so she died. Don't say pts as that can make them scared of sleep. I wouldn't say she's elsewhere or your daughter will be convinced she's coming back. It's hard though. So hard.

Badcat666 Sat 31-Dec-16 23:02:40

flowers Oh Op, am so sorry...

Not sure what to say but sending you hugs. I lost 2 of mine this year and am missing them like crazy today.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 31-Dec-16 23:08:19

I'm so sorry.

Vinorosso74 Sun 01-Jan-17 10:23:30

How sad I'm so sorry flowers

Tabbylady Sun 01-Jan-17 17:22:31

So sorry about your cat flowers
We lost our wee one last week. Someone recommended the rainbow bridge website and poem which has helped our 2 DS, though they're a little older than your DD.
Big hugs

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sun 01-Jan-17 17:30:45

😭 I'm so sorry, love my boss cat so much

FannyCradock Sun 01-Jan-17 17:33:28

I m very sorry, sadflowers

SVJAA Sun 01-Jan-17 17:34:17

I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to our beautiful boy in May and I was not prepared for how devastating it was. He died in my arms, I miss him terribly.
We told our kids (DS1 has ASD and had had the cat since he was a baby, he was distraught) that he was up in cat heaven playing with his friends. To which DD (3) responded for a ladder to go and get him back. We've made a little memorial in the garden for him, it helped them I think.
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's just awful flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now