Talk

Advanced search

been feeding 2 yo senior iams

(8 Posts)
Lonelyatxmas Thu 29-Dec-16 22:33:32

I'm so annoyed with myself and with zooplus.

Ordered adult (1-6 years old) aims in bulk and have been feeding my two 2yos for about 6 months from the batch.

Only just realised today that they sent me the wrong package and I've been feeding my cats senior (7+) food.

How bad is it, will it be affecting their health and should I complain to zooplus? angry

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 30-Dec-16 14:06:33

I think it's mainly lower calorie than the normal adult stuff and maybe a few extra vitamins and minerals, so nothing that should do any harm. If they aren't losing weight then I don't think you need to worry. You could try complaining but after 6 months I'm not sure they would refund.

Lonelyatxmas Fri 30-Dec-16 14:12:07

Thanks so much for your post. That's a relief to know it has't been harming them (not sure why I thought it would in hindsight ). Am a bit PFC's about my two blush

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 30-Dec-16 15:11:27

Looking at it the other way, my cat is nearly 12 and I don't feed him senior food, he's still on adult and he's fine. It's mainly due to the lack of flavours in senior food, just because he's not a young kitten doesn't mean he wants to eat the same flavour for the rest of his days!

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 30-Dec-16 17:24:49

Mine's not a senior, but he absolutely does want to eat the same flavour for the rest of his days, any variation is unthinkable!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 30-Dec-16 17:32:18

Mine used to (James Wellbeloved duck flavour biscuits) but he has a bit of variety, 5 flavours of pouches and 3 flavours of biscuits. It does make life easier as it means I don't have to panic if I can't find his favourite!

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 30-Dec-16 18:02:20

How did you persuade him that the world wouldn't end if he tried a mouthful of something different for a change Pink ? He's been bought endless luxury consumables and all were rejected.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 30-Dec-16 22:04:51

A lot of luck!

We thought we'd try him on turkey just for a change and, surprisingly, he seemed to like it. He started eating fish biscuits by accident as we had a faulty bag of duck from JW that contained both.

We had to give him wet food when he broke his jaw and he then decided he'd only eat Wainwrights tuna until he got bored with it. We then switched him to Natures Menu we rotated the flavours and he seemed OK.

That is until the last couple of days. Now he doesn't want wet food. I have four months worth. My living room looks like a pet food warehouse. I have a very smug cat who's just eaten a bowl of biscuits and thinks he's got one over on me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now