Talk

Advanced search

Tea drinking

(17 Posts)
SillyMoomin Thu 29-Dec-16 09:47:08

My kitten (16 weeks) has taken a real shine to any leftover tea in the bottom on cups left on side tables etc.

So far I've allowed her to have a few licks but now worrying it's bad for her? Caffeine / milk etc? but it's only a few dribbles so not sure if I'm overreacting?

Toddlerteaplease Thu 29-Dec-16 09:49:47

One of mine does this. I have my tea very milky but she seems to be fine.dont think she has much. I drink out of pint mugs and I always wonder how she gets he head all the way to the bottom.

MrsBertMacklin Thu 29-Dec-16 09:51:26

Caffeine is toxic to cats, so not something to encourage, sorry!

SillyMoomin Thu 29-Dec-16 09:52:01

Oh good phew 😊
May appease my hygiene worries by now just pouring the leftover dribbles directly into her bowl grin

SillyMoomin Thu 29-Dec-16 09:52:35

Oh no! Cross post.

That's what I was worrying about

MrsBertMacklin Thu 29-Dec-16 09:57:31

List of toxic foods for you. m.petmd.com/cat/emergency/poisoning-toxicity/e_ct_human_food_poisoning

A couple of laps from a mug won't harm in itself, but you don't want her acquiring a habit for it smile

SillyMoomin Thu 29-Dec-16 09:59:15

Thanks mrs

Will try and dissuade the little madam from it in future!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 29-Dec-16 10:25:55

I only have decaf tea and mine is so milky she'd never get much of a caffeine hit from it even if it was not decaf grin

RubbishMantra Thu 29-Dec-16 21:26:04

MCat's partial to coffee, but sadly has no access to it anymore, as I'm not a coffee drinker. Also DH and I were perplexed at the green, herby cat vomit. We realised that MCat had been filching the used green tea bags DH would leave in the ashtray. <bleurgh>

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 29-Dec-16 21:28:56

I can't believe tuna is on the list - my vet said it's fine for Harry to have it as often as he wants, providing it's not his main food and it's in spring water.

Lorelei76 Thu 29-Dec-16 21:30:21

OP are you on glue? You can't start a kitten thread and not post pics!

RubbishMantra Thu 29-Dec-16 23:14:10

Pink, I'd say it was on the assumption that it's in brine/oil, with a high salt content. But don't take my word for it though, I'd be heartbroken to hear that Harry was no longer with you due to my inexpert advice!

SillyMoomin Fri 30-Dec-16 02:05:42

Sorry!! grin

Ignore DH's dirty crocs....

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 30-Dec-16 02:42:39

That kitten's nose needs booping.

Qwebec Fri 30-Dec-16 02:59:02

according to Dr Google
Cats can be addicted to tuna, whether it's packed for cats or for humans. Some tuna now and then probably won't hurt. But a steady diet of tuna prepared for humans can lead to malnutrition because it won't have all the nutrients a cat needs. And, too much tuna can cause mercury poisoning.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 30-Dec-16 06:20:24

Gave mine tuna in spring water once and it came straight back up!!

Lorelei76 Fri 30-Dec-16 10:40:20

OMD she is just wonderful!! So beautiful and kind of delicate looking - I mean even more so than kittens are usually.

I luffs her grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now