Talk

Advanced search

My indoor girl got her first taste of outdoors today and im confused.

(5 Posts)
EachandEveryone Wed 28-Dec-16 17:46:55

I live in a flat in a busy part of London. Shes eight months. Next door has two one ten year onld one 14 months the both use a cat flap which takes them to a fire exit with those wrought iron stairs u see in nyc all the way down to a car mechanics. They are friendly as infound out today. The front of the flat is a main road and next door said hers have never gone round the front. So mine has been spayed and i admit ive become more relaxed with her. I leave the door open so she can go into the joint hallway and she has met the cats next door. She loves the old boy but does not lije the young girl i need to work on that. Shes never tried to get out of the cat flap.

Today i was cleaninf the windows and you can guess the rest.

She fell out and had a lovely time playing in the rumble amongest god knows what. I tried to call her in and when she got to me i shut the door to try and get her to come on through the flap. She wasnt having any of it. In the end i had to go out like a loony trying to catch her.

I dont know whether to wait and try her again or hope she forgets she ever did it!

EachandEveryone Wed 28-Dec-16 17:48:19

Sorry for the spelling the ipad does its own thing

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 28-Dec-16 17:57:23

She's had a taste of outside and obviously enjoyed herself. She needs to be in overnight though.

EachandEveryone Wed 28-Dec-16 18:18:51

Its bloody freezing. How do you get them to work the cat flap? What age can they go out?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 28-Dec-16 18:33:48

They can all work them, they just pretend not to know so you'll open the door.

Cats can usually go out at 6 months if their neutered, microchipped & have had a set of vaccinations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now