Talk

Advanced search

What can I feed him to fill him up?

(13 Posts)
lyssie29 Tue 27-Dec-16 22:01:17

My cat Percy is a big cat and eats 4-5 sachets of wet food at least per day and still meows for food. He's not overweight he's just a big tom cat. Any suggestions for good quality catfood that won't cost an arm and a leg that will fill him and is good for him? I know some cat foods like whiskers are bad for them.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 28-Dec-16 07:57:10

What brand is he on? If I feed mine Felix he will eat 5 sachets a day.

Ours has Aldi premium pouches, it's £4 a week for 4 pouches a day.

reallyanotherone Wed 28-Dec-16 08:14:19

If he's a tom neutering might help.

witwootoodleoo Wed 28-Dec-16 10:07:45

I'd feed him raw as it's much more filling and cheaper than the experience some foods. Also I assume he's wormed up to date?

mortificado Wed 28-Dec-16 10:10:42

Raw food & high quality biscuits?
Mine gave a diet of cooked and in cooked meat with biscuits. (Then they raid the cupboard for dreamies after dinner!
When u used wet food I found I couldn't fill the little buggers up!

mortificado Wed 28-Dec-16 10:10:53

I not u!

KookSpook Wed 28-Dec-16 10:17:55

My vet said its like giving them 5 Ice lollies a day and no meal. Its full of water.

Mine has 1 higher protein pouch in the morning and I think its 50 grams of high protein biscuits a day.

Shes on Applaws wet & dry now. It works out cheaper in the long
run. The biscuits are £12 but lastabout 5 months I think.

TheWayYouLookTonight Wed 28-Dec-16 10:29:33

Tins are almost always cheaper than pouches, so could you go for a higher % meat content tinned food? Supermarkets aren't always great for the good stuff, but maybe try butchers classic (tins) first as it's cheap and grain free so contains less filler. I shop online at zooplus for a greater selection of brands that suit most budgets.

lyssie29 Wed 28-Dec-16 12:45:21

@reallyanotherone he has been neutered

Thanks everyone. Yeah I though maybe something that had more meat as he normally has Tesco or Asda but they're only about 4% meat. I might try him with Applaws or has anyone tried Thrive?

mortificado Wed 28-Dec-16 23:35:03

Britcare are great. A bag of biscuits 1kg. £12-14. If you save the receipts you get the 5th bag for free.
(The badges are dependent on your cat, (kitten, outdoor, senior) etc. You can mix and match. So as you cats dependency changes the receipts are still valid. Hth!

mortificado Wed 28-Dec-16 23:35:55

Bags** *not badges too much wine!

RubbishMantra Fri 30-Dec-16 02:57:39

Animonda Carny's another good one, that can be bought online from Zooplus.

LivingInMidnight Fri 30-Dec-16 22:51:04

Thrive is great! The wet is 75% meat and complete, unlike applaws. The dry is 90% meat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now