Talk

Advanced search

if you are feeding a raw diet, what do you feed? do you supplement?

(6 Posts)
catwoman0815 Tue 27-Dec-16 21:12:25

our cat likes raw food and he has it occasionally. I am now considering to switching to a proper raw diet. If you do it, what do you feed? do you use supplements? any advice in general.

My cat is unusually unfuzzy and eates raw when offered. Transition to raw should be easy. Just want to make sure I do it right.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 28-Dec-16 07:55:21

barf-rawfood.co.uk/prices-drop?gclid=CMXF2rK0ltECFY0A0wodt64Ddw

I think the idea is that you don't have to supplement if it's got bones & offall in it.

You can buy taurine now in powder form.

Shriek Wed 28-Dec-16 13:28:19

With proper raw feeding all bases would be covered. Be cautious of supplements unless ther is a known deficit appearing

witwootoodleoo Wed 28-Dec-16 13:43:01

I raw feed and don't supplement. I tend to use pre-made raw from Nutriment because I'm lazy, but homemade raw doesn't require supplementing if done properly - I just can't be faffed weighing out the right amount of bones, organ etc hence buying it pre done

fledglingFTB Sun 08-Jan-17 18:03:52

Brill thread OP, I've spent my afternoon googling this and am just more confused. I would love homemade raw advice and recipes, if anyone has one.

ittybittyluna Sun 08-Jan-17 21:52:44

You can buy complete raw food so no need to supplement. Also, if you decide to make your own raw food then as long as you get the ratios of bone, organ, and muscle right then again, no need to supplement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now