Talk

Advanced search

Used bleach, cat now very bitey and fighty

(10 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Tue 27-Dec-16 14:44:02

I rarely use bleach, but I'm doing my annual deep clean today and bought some to sort out bathroom mildew.

Despite using gloves and washing hands and nails thoroughly, the ammonia smell is on my hands.

BertCat, who is normally placid bordering on timid, is now chuffing at me, trying to bite my hands and ankles (she hasn't ever done this in the two years I've had her) and pelting round the place as if she is under siege.

I knew ammonia tended to get cats unnerved because it smells like other cats' pee, but I think I need to find a new cleaning product for the next clean!

cozietoesie Tue 27-Dec-16 14:49:26

She'll think you've been consorting with some humongous and mean tom. grin Is she checking the home with a fine tooth comb?

NameSux Tue 27-Dec-16 14:54:11

It gets them high doesn't it? She's stoned out of her tiny mind. Mine did this then hid under the table paronoid for 2 hours. I use cillit bang now

ageingrunner Tue 27-Dec-16 14:57:57

My cat likes licking my ankles when I've been swimming. They love the smell of chlorine 😳

MrsBertMacklin Tue 27-Dec-16 14:58:23

She is stalking her toys, chuffing and air-biting like she's the star of a show called 'Feisty Bastard Cat'.

I'm half tempted to rub myself in litter tray odour eliminator spray, I am trying to watch Gilmore Girls and drink tea!

ageingrunner Tue 27-Dec-16 14:58:29

By 'they' I mean cats, not my ankles btw

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 27-Dec-16 17:09:44

She hasn't ingested it has she?

MrsBertMacklin Tue 27-Dec-16 23:47:40

No fluffy, I was careful to use gloves for that reason. She's back to normal for now smile

cozietoesie Wed 28-Dec-16 00:09:07

Have your hands stopped smelling?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 28-Dec-16 07:50:21

How odd. I use bleach (in fact I'm going to bleach the patio once his highness is down for his afternoon snooze) & he's never reacted to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now