Talk

Advanced search

Does your cat snore?

(19 Posts)
Mistykit Mon 26-Dec-16 22:03:47

2 of mine do. I'm stuck between thinking it's cute and thinking it's annoying! I had one cat before when growing up who was a snorer. I must wondering how common it is?

TrustySnail Mon 26-Dec-16 22:08:16

One of mine does - it's quite a high-pitched snore - I have to say I think it's really sweet. I've sometimes had the cat, the dog and my husband all snoring away at different frequencies in the living room!

Maudlinmaud Mon 26-Dec-16 22:11:27

Yes my youngest does. It's sweet really. I always know when she has sneaked into the bedrooms.

PeteSwotatoes Mon 26-Dec-16 22:12:58

Yes, she snores away in her basket and I feel pleased that she's all cosy and content.

TheWayYouLookTonight Mon 26-Dec-16 22:14:22

Yep mine has snored on and off since I got him at 11 weeks old. Its quite a high pitched snore. I did ask the vet about it, apparently one of his nostrils is quite narrow (likely a birth defect). He doesn't get out of breathat all and the vet said it wasn't a worry unless a cat suddenly started snoring without any hisory of having done so before. I agree its cute unless we're trying to sleep too, in which case it's a bit annoying!

Mistykit Mon 26-Dec-16 22:23:02

Yes theway.. I end up focusing on the snores when I'm trying to get asleep. But.. I would never wake the masters... they would make me regret that at 3am I'm sure ;)

Mistykit Mon 26-Dec-16 22:23:57

Oh trusty that is endearing smile I would love a dog too (even a snoring one) so I'm mighty envious of you

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Mon 26-Dec-16 22:27:09

Yes, she'll curl up next to my pillow & snore her little head off. It helps me get to sleep.

LittleCandle Mon 26-Dec-16 22:36:46

CandleCat1 snores very loudly and not unlike an old man. We can sometimes hear him wheezing away in his basket in the kitchen when we are watching TV in the living room next door. There are time it is worse than others, so I presume it is something to do with the position he is lying in, but I've never bothered to check it out. When I first got him, he and his brother ventured onto my bed on their second night. I was almost asleep when this weird noise started up. I lay and tried to figure out where it was coming from. It was only when I moved and the cat jumped and the noise stopped that I figured it out. Took me while to get used to it.

YesItsMeIDontCare Mon 26-Dec-16 22:39:00

Leroy is currently snoring on the windowsill. I think it's adorable but that's probably because it's a quiet, cute, snuffly little snore. 😻

AwkwardSquad Tue 27-Dec-16 10:23:52

She's doing it right now, curled up on the sofa.

FurryLittleTwerp Tue 27-Dec-16 10:24:57

One of mine snores a lot, just "normal" quiet snoring.

The other snores occasionally - funny little musical snores grin

Maltropp Tue 27-Dec-16 11:20:40

Senior boy always has, was told he has a soft palette. Snoring worse /louder now as he has some sinister thing going on in his nasal cavity complete with snot and occasional nosebleeds from one nostril (.... CT scan showed a mass, 2 lots of biopsies from nasal area - including from bone - and fine needle aspiration of his liver have not found any cancer cells though.... Clear results on Friday were my best Xmas prezzie as this has been being investigated since early September and he's just had a 4 night stay at the referral hospital about it all )... So we have a working diagnosis of rhinitis that's caused by some kinda bug and caused inflammation and damage so will be living with the louder snoring for as long as he's with us but he's happy and purry and loves to sleep cuddled up with me so I don't mind one bit anymore! In fact I'm just so happy to hear him snore now!

Maltropp Tue 27-Dec-16 11:25:42

Purry, snoring senior boy!

Purplebluebird Tue 27-Dec-16 13:03:10

Yes, and I think it is adorable ^^

Toddlerteaplease Tue 27-Dec-16 14:45:07

Yes. So loud it wakes me up sometimes. And she eats and drinks very noisily and snorts and coughs as well. It's like having a man in the house!

Toddlerteaplease Tue 27-Dec-16 14:49:21

She's a Persian and had to have her nose widened as it is sooo tiny. Her sister doesn't snore.

SparklesandBangs Tue 27-Dec-16 14:49:52

Yes one of our 6 month old kittens always snores when in deep sleep

susurration Tue 27-Dec-16 20:54:50

Suscat snores like a bloody juggernaut. There have been some nights when Suscat has been snoring under the bed and husband has been snoring next to me. They do it alternately so there is no let up, so I have sometimes had to go and sleep in the spare room!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now