Talk

Advanced search

Would you judge me if I asked you to show me...

(14 Posts)
HoHoHammered Fri 23-Dec-16 14:29:47

Pictures of your litter tray? grinblush

I bought my newest one two weeks ago and I'm sad to say I love it.

It's a catit litter tray. Should have been £30 cost me £15 in the sale

It's nice and big, deep pan, has an easy lift flap for quick scooping and more importantly....it's pink!

I get no smells coming from it either until I open the flap. It's lovely

Here is just after a clean out

TrustySnail Fri 23-Dec-16 14:35:55

It's great! I envy you the non-smelling aspect.

Mine are just the basic type, so not worth photographing - I've got four trays as I have two cats, and they don't like sharing, and one of them likes to keep her poo and wee separate

FancyPuffin Fri 23-Dec-16 14:44:46

I have 2 of the same type as yours HoHo next to each other but with the flaps removed as thick as mince cat does not understand despite many demonstrations in my part hmm

They are like teeny little public toilets and make me smile way more than they should.

Would take a pic but upstairs too far

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 23-Dec-16 14:51:53

Ooh that looks lovely.

We have a basic covered pets at home one. He doesn't use it.

ginauk84 Fri 23-Dec-16 14:52:20

These are the best:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271870072962

Sorry I can't attach image as am in the new android app and can't see how to!

It works well as the wee sinks through to the tray at the bottom which you can slide out and rinse. Then the poop just since on top which you can scoop. Really economical as you don't waste litter and keeps odours down as you can just rinse the wee tray frequently.

ScruffyTheJanitor Fri 23-Dec-16 14:55:09

I had hooded ones, thought I was dead clever getting hooded ones with flaps....

Sruffy cat had other ideas and pissed, shit, everywhere but the try.
took the flap off, he then used it.... for a while....
took the hood off, now he uses it everytime and has done for months. Its like he prefers toileting with plenty of space around him, being closed in is a no no. little sod.

(I love him soo much.....)

HoHoHammered Fri 23-Dec-16 15:19:37

I'm lucky she uses it really

When I was young I had a cat that couldn't fathom flaps

Used to have to take the flap off or tape it up. She never learned

This one had a hooded tray right from a baby. We got a kitten hooded tray with an easy push flap. A baby blowing on it would have lifted it it was that light

From there she went on to use them with no problem

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 23-Dec-16 15:23:03

Ours likes to use the front garden so everyone can watch.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Fri 23-Dec-16 15:33:40

The no litter tray at all here. Mine goes outside, he's had trays when he's been unable to go outside (poorly/post op etc) and he hates them, he'll leave it until the very last minute to use it. It's like he feels it's undignified.

I'm not a fan of the closed in ones. I always think of the stink the poor cat is exposed to inside [puke]. Plus, I think you are more inclined to clean out when the tray is open. The closed tray traps the stink and fools you into thinking you can get a day/few more days out of it when really, it's utterly rank in there.

Papergirl1968 Fri 23-Dec-16 17:26:55

I like the way it fits neatly into that cupboard!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 23-Dec-16 19:35:34

This is mine. Cuts down tracking and gives them privacy.

HoHoHammered Fri 23-Dec-16 19:37:43

I remember that one.

Did they learn how to get into it quickly?

chocdonutyy Fri 23-Dec-16 19:42:32

I like that one toddler, mine don't even have proper trays!
I use largish plastic crates slid under ikea lack tables, they just fit nicely, loads of room and easy to clean ( with three indoor moggies they need to be!)

Toddlerteaplease Fri 23-Dec-16 21:40:02

Yes. I they took to it straight away. No issues at all. The rescue lady told me not to bother with a hooded tray as they would be too stupid to use it. It I also had no problems with that either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: