Talk

Advanced search

Oh, rats!

(19 Posts)
RamblinRosie Fri 23-Dec-16 02:17:31

Been rat-carcass free for two years, since old bugger died, came down this morning and found a slaughtered rat on the stairs! Bugger, I've another serious hunter, haven't I? I don't mind mice, they're usually alive and rescuable, but rat corpses... Yuk!!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 23-Dec-16 02:22:29

Rats are just big mice.

<helpful>

torthecatlady Fri 23-Dec-16 02:41:44

Our two haven't figured out how to get the rat through the cat flap yet, so currently leave them outside... hmm

However, they do bring in teeny tiny voles / mice and the odd bird sad

I hate it!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 23-Dec-16 03:13:36

We have a stack of chairs which has somehow become the deposit area for all things dead and mutilated. No idea why. They're very standard IKEA chairs, not haunted or cursed or anything.

Once they'd arranged three blackbirds in a kind of triangle with their little bird legs torn off. Had to be some kind of sacrificial offering. Had to be.

torthecatlady Fri 23-Dec-16 03:27:08

That does sound rather sacrificial! shock grin

cozietoesie Fri 23-Dec-16 10:50:39

....not haunted or cursed or anything....

cozietoesie Fri 23-Dec-16 10:52:13

(Sorry - my device took off on its own little posting flight.)

It rather sounds as if they are, now? grin

GinAndOnIt Fri 23-Dec-16 11:13:21

Count yourself lucky. GinCat brings in anything he can find, eats the majority of it apart from the stomach/guts, and leaves that bit lying around. Except we don't know he's caught something or where he brought it if we did, so we normally find the little pile of guts once it's already squelched under our bare feet in the morning. Cheers mate!

GinAndOnIt Fri 23-Dec-16 11:15:12

He also brings rabbits in too, but I literally have no idea how. His route into the house from outside is a top window. How he does the huge jump with a great big rabbit in his mouth is beyond me. He's not the slightest of cats to say the least and is bloody 11 years old!

thecatneuterer Fri 23-Dec-16 11:45:30

I'm so glad none of mine do this!! I'm very fond of rats actually. I wouldn't mind live ones, but dead ones would upset me greatly.

cozietoesie Fri 23-Dec-16 14:07:42

Gin

Just watch a cheetah or a leopard put a carcase up a tree. It's the same sort of technique.

cozietoesie Fri 23-Dec-16 14:08:23

carcass

cozietoesie Fri 23-Dec-16 14:11:57

In fact, there's a YouTube video of a leopard doing that very thing.

GinAndOnIt Fri 23-Dec-16 15:13:02

I rather think they are slightly less rotund than GinCat though grin

RubbishMantra Fri 23-Dec-16 16:37:38

Oh, look at his lovely big bottom! (I have a big bottommed black and white too.)

In fact, are you sure that's not my cat? grin

Badcat666 Fri 23-Dec-16 16:40:08

I have a zombie cat.. just eats the heads of the mice she catches and leaves the rest for me to step on in the morning on the way to the loo... BRAINS!!

Also been having HUGE rats being bought in very very dead.. (the size of the BALLS on those things!)

Of course Mr BC just shouts "They've bought in another one!" and leaves it to me to dispose of them in the bin. (which he was surprised at.. what did he expect me to do, dig a small hole in the front garden and bury them?)

Wouldn't be so bad but I've had pets rats in the past. Bloody love rats.

Could be worse, my mums 3 legged cat used to drag live squirrels and maypies in through the catflap as gifts of lurve.

Helpmeonthisone101 Fri 23-Dec-16 20:42:58

I had a decapitated pigeon a fortnight ago grin. Aren't our pets fabulous?

WeirdAndPissedOff Sat 24-Dec-16 15:06:53

Worst one we ever had was when our cat brought home a large mouse and left half on the doorstep for us, then ate the other half. She then threw up the half she'd eaten in a multicolour trail across the remainder of the doorstep.

Unfortunately we didn't spot it until our postman rang the doorbell - we opened the door to find him standing a few feet away looking rather green. blush

cozietoesie Sat 24-Dec-16 15:12:34

Ha! There are a couple of cats on here that might eat the postie! They should be feeling lucky. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: