Talk

Advanced search

I played with a kitten today!

(6 Posts)
yellowDahlia Wed 21-Dec-16 15:30:06

...and it was lovely smile. Gorgeous wee boy kitten, tabby and white with the fluffiest fur and wee blue eyes. Amazing how just 10 mins with a kitten can cheer up your day!

I was visiting CPL at the time to hand in a form volunteering to foster. Fingers crossed they're up for it and that I can seal the deal with DH (he's not over the moon about the idea..but hasn't said no, so I'm taking that as tacit agreement grin. I really want to do this - today's kitten cuddling has confirmed it!!

HeadElf Wed 21-Dec-16 15:35:08

Aww that is lovely and so true.
I don't want to pee on your parade but if you're seriously signing upto volunteer you really do need everyone in the house on board, or it's not fair on anyone involved!

I hope he does get on board so you can post us lots of kitty photos.

yellowDahlia Wed 21-Dec-16 15:59:12

HeadElf I totally understand that, and I wouldn't want to do it if he was really not happy anyway. I think he's just got reservations about the idea, was not brought up with pets and therefore hasn't really got a clear picture of what it will be like. I'm talking him into a trial run, as I think it would be for all of us anyway - we've never done this before and want to be sure it's right for our family.
So I've registered my details but said we won't be available until mid-January, as I want to get Christmas madness out of the way first and give him time to get his head round the idea.

TheCakes Wed 21-Dec-16 18:58:07

Mr Cakes wasn't over the moon with the kitten thing till we brought him home. Now he's totally smitten. Soppy sod!

yellowDahlia Wed 21-Dec-16 20:36:49

TheCakes that gives me hope! That's what I'm hoping will happen with MrDahlia, he's a bit of a soppy git as well and used to secretly enjoy giving my mum and dad's cat a wee tickle round the ears until she started purring like a train wink

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 21-Dec-16 23:28:17

My dd volunteers in a cats home. She was with the kittens yesterday. They call it the nursery. How adorable is that.
Kittens are just delicious, arent they.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: