Talk

Advanced search

Sneezing cat

(10 Posts)
Motherfuckers Sun 18-Dec-16 18:51:40

My cat has been having a few sneezing fits. She does not have a cough, or running eyes. Her eyes are clear, she has a good appetite (bit chunky) and still plays a lot at 10 years old. It comes and goes which is why she hasn't been to the vets yet. I will take her this week, but does anyone have any idea what this could be? We joke that she may be allergic to cats..

Kenworthington Sun 18-Dec-16 18:53:56

No idea but colin sneezes intermittently. He seems totally fine in himself and I've no plans to take him to the vets. He's prob just got cobwebs up his nose or something.

mortificado Sun 18-Dec-16 18:56:14

Mine 2 have bouts of random sneezing and the one is always doing it. Drives me mental! No plans to take them the vets!

Motherfuckers Sun 18-Dec-16 18:56:46

How often does Colin (ridiculously cool name for a cat) sneeze? I have only just started noticing, so last few weeks on and off, but it isn't just one sneeze but a series of 4/5, then a gap, then a few more, then nothing.

Kenworthington Sun 18-Dec-16 19:19:03

Sometimes he sneezes a couple times then nothing for a day or two then another. It always makes me laugh it sounds like a human sneeze!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 19-Dec-16 17:22:52

One of mine sneezes most of the time. And always sounds bunged up. Occasionally gets worse but usually better the next day. Sitting next to me the other day and she sneezed and snot landed on my lip. She's a Persian though and has a very flat face and tiny nose. (She had to have it widened last year. As I couldn't beat to see her struggling)

cozietoesie Mon 19-Dec-16 18:11:07

Seniorboy has residual cat flu and started to sneeze a bit when he reached 17 and his immune system started going doolally. With him, it's usually a sign of an opportunistic infection taking hold.

Motherfuckers Mon 19-Dec-16 20:15:10

She clearly is not unwell, so maybe she is just a sneezer. As Kenworthington says it does sound just like a human sneeze and often makes me jump!

cozietoesie Mon 19-Dec-16 20:43:32

Best mention it to the vet when you take her and also keep a weather eye on her. She's not old but she's no spring chicken either.

Motherfuckers Wed 21-Dec-16 05:53:05

No spring chicken, indeed... She and I are both very grumpy middle aged women. We are both quite intolerant of the males in our lives and we love just lazing around, not talking. I bloody love her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now