Talk

Advanced search

Help! Kittens biting

(10 Posts)
sirmolealot Sun 18-Dec-16 14:32:31

We've got two 3 1/2 month old kittens. One male, one female. The female is smaller than the male.

The male one keeps jumping on the female and biting her neck, particularly in the evenings. Not hard enough to draw blood but she's squealed a few times.

Recently the female has started limping in the mornings. We can't see anything wrong with her paw but she seems a bit tender in the shoulder area where he's biting her. She recovers quickly and by the afternoon she's running and jumping on it.

Is there anything we can do to stop the biting behaviour? We break them up when we see it but he just goes back over to her.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:08:18

He's practising mating. When is he being neutered?.

Hellmouth Sun 18-Dec-16 15:09:52

I agree with Fluffy, maybe you should speak to your vet about doing it sooner rather than later

sirmolealot Sun 18-Dec-16 15:11:29

He was neutered 2 weeks ago and she was spayed at the same time.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:17:51

The hormones don't go straight away, give it another week.

sirmolealot Sun 18-Dec-16 15:20:10

Thank you fluffy, that's very helpful to know.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:25:41

Hopefully any day now he'll decide to stop. Or she'll lose her rag with him.

sirmolealot Sun 18-Dec-16 15:37:16

Yes, she needs to give him a big swipe and put him in his place!

Icequeen01 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:57:18

Do keep an eye on your little girl if she starts limping or gets tender again. I have two male brothers who play fight so hard It often ends up with one getting injured and usually one of them ends up limping. Usually it is down to one getting bitten on the shoulder or elbow. On one occasion the joint became infected and ended up costing us £695 as the joint got infected too confused

sirmolealot Sun 18-Dec-16 22:27:56

Thank you, I've read that feliway might help so off to get some tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now