Talk

Advanced search

Just saw the most crazy cat

(16 Posts)
hollinhurst84 Thu 15-Dec-16 05:15:55

Heard a rustle outside, looked up and saw the biggest fox I have ever seen just sat outside (I live in a pretty urban area)
Heard another rustle so kept watching and see a tabby cat jump out the bushes and hurtle towards the fox
Fox let out this weird shriek and the cat has chased it off down the road hissing and spitting shockshockshock fox is legging it
Bonkers, bonkers cat. Ollie is sat on the windowsill like shockconfusedhmmshock craning his head round to watch

hesterton Thu 15-Dec-16 05:31:24

Is Ollie your dh? grin

That cat sounds awesome. I never got the dog chases cat thing; in my experience, it's far more likely to be the cat doing the chasing!

hollinhurst84 Thu 15-Dec-16 05:45:43

Ollie is my also bonkers cat. Even he raised an eyebrow at this cat. It went out of sight, the fox was still running away and cat was in full speed down the road grin

Toddlerteaplease Thu 15-Dec-16 08:54:01

Would love to have seen the look on Ollies's face!

ComedyBoobs Fri 16-Dec-16 06:24:18

My tabby/siamese is a fox chaser too! She's ace grin

SVJAA Fri 16-Dec-16 06:32:04

I had two brothers, beautiful wee black cats and the wee one (runt of the litter) was fierce with foxes. He got caught by a fox in our garden one night and managed to fight it off! I miss them 💔

Fadingmemory Fri 16-Dec-16 06:44:25

Fading cat chased away a fox not so long ago. The vet said he would generally back a healthy cat against a fox.

Sparklingbrook Fri 16-Dec-16 07:02:22

We have visiting foxes but Sparklingcat very much decides whether they are allowed in the garden. They are a bit scared of her. grin

stumblymonkey Fri 16-Dec-16 08:03:17

My Somali chases off the foxes in our garden....all 3.2kg of her, she's a little floofy thing and I can't believe that the big male foxes don't stand their ground.

She's actually a bit of a coward so if they did stand their ground she wouldn't definitely have an 'oh shit' moment and slink off grin

GinAndOnIt Fri 16-Dec-16 08:08:56

If you'd have said black and white cat, I'd have thought you were talking about GinCat! If ever I hear him making those fighty noises, I go outside and see a fox running off every time grin

He's nuts. He's also beat up the dog a fair few times, despite him being substantially bigger. The dog was constantly shaking in the first month or so when we brought GinCat home!

I also fear he may have killed a cat confused

He kept coming home all scratched up when he was first allowed out, and I kept seeing a black cat in the garden. Then the scratches stopped, and in passing conversation with the neighbour one day, I said GinCat was settling in a lot better and had stopped coming home injured. I explained he'd been fighting with a black cat and she said 'ah yes, I think I heard that cat has died now. Not sure how'

fourcorneredcircle Fri 16-Dec-16 19:26:08

My boy cat hates seagulls (awkward as we live in a seaside town), he patrols the garden having staring matches at them on the roof. One once landed in the garden to (presumably) investigate food dropped by DC... heard a massive yowling/squawking scrap. Rushed in to the garden to find boy cat hanging off the seagulls arse as it took flight!!! Boy cat dropped as seagulls got about three feet up... never seen a seagull in the garden since. Good cat. grin

Sparklingbrook Fri 16-Dec-16 19:33:44

It's weird isn't it? For Sparklingcat-

Squirrels in the garden-not acceptable.
Foxes sometimes allowed.
Neighbourhood male tabby cat always welcome.
Neighbourhood female black and white never allowed.

I would love to know her system. grin

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 16-Dec-16 23:35:53

Old girl, when I lived in London, couldn't work out pushing a cat flap ( never got it, PTS age 20), I had to peg flap open Foxes came in the house through the flap for food every night. She jumped on me and wailed for me to come and sort it out. Current cat is intelligent and will beat up interlopers of all kinds...

hollinhurst84 Sat 17-Dec-16 00:17:31

I suspect stable cat is related to crazy cat given she tried to take on a deer. She's also had a pheasant and last week a mole - why?!?! confused I told her to catch useful stuff like mice

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 17-Dec-16 08:15:21

A pheasant is useful ( unless you're vegetarian)!

Heyheyheygoodbye Sat 17-Dec-16 08:17:06

Ah my little girl cat used to do this. Once we heard terrible noises in the back garden. Looked out and saw a fox looking over our boy cat. Ran to the door but way ahead of us was my little girl, racing out to launch herself at the fox and send it packing with a flea in its ear. Gosh, I miss her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now