Talk

Advanced search

Cat beds

(26 Posts)
glittercat Mon 28-Nov-16 23:06:19

Which cat bed to buy? So many to pick from....igloo, cat cave, normal one?? I don't really know why I'm bothering as they just sleep on or in the bed usually!
What do your cats like?!

Wolfiefan Mon 28-Nov-16 23:12:36

Our super king bed!
Also comfy chair.
Back of sofa.
NOT radiator hanger or designated cat bed!
One does lie on a cat tower. Other than that it's all human places. Anything bought for a cat is beneath them! grin

glittercat Mon 28-Nov-16 23:34:34

Haha, true! I might not bother!

Wolfiefan Mon 28-Nov-16 23:35:14

One of mine is under the duvet at the moment! grin

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 28-Nov-16 23:36:08

Order something medium sized from amazon

Voila!

Cat bed and gift for you smile

Wolfiefan Mon 28-Nov-16 23:37:27

Mine love a cardboard box. And a shopping bag. And a coat. Mainly my bed though!
Or buy a cat bed and pretend it's for you?!grin

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 29-Nov-16 06:43:30

I bought ours a covered dog bed. He likes it.

He only sleeps in the radiator bed in the summer.

Mner Tue 29-Nov-16 07:19:27

Ours has never wanted a car bed but seems to be taking over the dog bed by stealth!

Mner Tue 29-Nov-16 07:20:27

Ours has never wanted a car bed but seems to be taking over the dog bed by stealth!

Toddlerteaplease Tue 29-Nov-16 09:19:50

Fatty cat has a big cushion and snorgmaiden has a donut bed. Although they both like to sleep on my bed, they do both use them. They also have a wicker igloo that they never touched until I was going to throw it out!

Kenworthington Tue 29-Nov-16 09:28:28

I bought colin a lovely fleecy igloo style cat bed. I can't even force him into it. Irritating

YesItsMeIDontCare Tue 29-Nov-16 09:31:14

Don't bother. hmm

TheRavensFeather Tue 29-Nov-16 09:31:21

we have this. Cat loves it and looks nice too. I made my own bedding

YesItsMeIDontCare Tue 29-Nov-16 10:21:05

If your cat loves a cardboard box, but you feel the need to spend money you could get him one of these.

(I am seriously considering getting Leroy one, complete with connecting tunnel for added adventure. In my defence his shoe boxes are getting manky and his fat bum barely fits in them. Yes I do know he'll ignore it for other random boxes, but I'll feel better knowing he has something to unwrap.)

Tubbyinthehottub Tue 29-Nov-16 12:20:37

Mine loved a Scruffs thermal one for a year then he decided its time was up and never got back in.

cozietoesie Tue 29-Nov-16 12:31:03

When Twoago came to live with us, I thought to strike a blow for freedom and prepared a lovely cardboard box with an old fleece in it. I mean I would have liked to sleep in it - it looked yummy.

On his first night, I put it by the bed and put him in.

He got out. I put him in again.
He got out. I put him in again.
He got out..............and repeat.

He thought it was a great game! grin And then, clearly, decided that enough was enough, leapt on the bed, squirrelled under the duvet and went to sleep. I gave up.

Never bought a bed or prepared one since. wink

hollinhurst84 Tue 29-Nov-16 13:23:12

I bought a bed. He paid no attention so after 10 months I shoved the bed down the side of the sofa and now it's the best thing ever confused

Toddlerteaplease Tue 29-Nov-16 13:55:55

Yep that's exactly what o did with my wicket igloo! And same thing happened. I put beds in their favourite sleeping places and they do use them.

BorpBorpBorp Tue 29-Nov-16 15:07:14

BorpCat1 has a cardboard box lined with a towel, with another bit of cardboard stuck on with gaffer tape to make a little roof. She also has a folded blanket under the sofa, and a bucket in the utility room with another towel in it.

LivingInMidnight Tue 29-Nov-16 17:25:02

These are weirdly successful www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/cardboard_cat_furniture/315507

glittercat Wed 30-Nov-16 12:09:54

Haha, love the pics! Cats are hilarious. My Mums cat has also taken over the dog bed even though he has his own. Takes a swipe at the dog whenever he tries to get in his dog (now cat) bed!

glittercat Wed 30-Nov-16 12:11:38

Ohh, like the wicker one Ravens feather! The other looks weird but i can imagine some cats liking it, mine prefer the leather sofa and stair carpet !!

LivingInMidnight Wed 30-Nov-16 20:28:26

Mine gave up the settee and the cushioned windowsill for the cardboard scratch bed. Weirdos. I think they must retain heat or something, they love them!

TheCakes Wed 30-Nov-16 20:32:00

Ozzy has never used his bed. I'm thinking of putting it on a local selling site.
He sleeps on the top of the scratching post that he refuses to scratch instead.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 07-Dec-16 09:16:27

Bought my parents boy a bed for Christmas. He loves it so much he wouldn't get off it even for dreemies. He had to be carried upstairs on itbat bedtime!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now