Ex-Ferals - 6 months in

(3 Posts)
Allergictoironing Sun 27-Nov-16 22:09:53

Quick update on my beautiful ex-Feral cats, as they've been with me around 6 months now.

Health wise both look fantastic, very glossy but definitely a little fatter than they were before. They know the routine, though they definitely try it on by telling me they are starving well before dinner time or that their dreamies are late at any time it takes their fancy.

Girlcat is still much the bolder and more adventurous, with plenty of stroking when she's in the mood and even stepping on me when I'm sitting exactly where she wants to walk. Boytcat has only started to accept stroking very recently except at the times detailed below.

Every now & again they both together decide it's time to pay me some attention - possibly when they fancy food, but sometimes not long after feeding & with plenty of kibbles in the bowl. They will both come up to where I'm sitting & wind round each other getting closer & closer to me, then chirrup at me & stare expectedly. I have to bend over from my seat & stroke them head to tail and give them head & bum scritches until they decide that will do for now & wander away. Surprisingly it's Boycat who is the most demanding here, pushing Girlcat out of the way so he gets the most attention from me. A couple of times recently I've heard what sounds suspiciously like a purr coming from him, even though I've never otherwise heard either of them purr.

Biggest breakthrough was a couple of days ago when during the petting ritual I just sort of picked Girlcat up and put her on my lap. No struggling or looking upset, though she did jump off very calmly as soon as I took my hands away completely. She has let me do that a few times since with no signs of alarm (still jumping off each time).

All in all pretty damned happy with the progress grin.

cozietoesie Sun 27-Nov-16 22:11:04

You're all doing well. smile

PolterGoose Mon 28-Nov-16 15:13:34

You and they are doing brilliantly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now