Looking for a good dry food for extremely fussy cat

(9 Posts)
Paleogal Fri 25-Nov-16 12:54:30

My cat is a waster of most food. Any wet pouches I put down get the grivy licked off and the rest wasted.
She may eat something if its a totally new taste but within a day or two she's gone off it again.
The only food she reliably eats is the Aldi Vitacat Premium dry food. I'm not sure of the quality of this and I'd like to find a dry food that I can exclusively feed as the amount of wet food I'm wasting is ridiculous.I'd rather give her a tin of pilchards now and again as a treat or some tuna than throw away wet food on a daily basis.
Any recommendations?

Toddlerteaplease Fri 25-Nov-16 14:56:58

A friend who runs a shelter and boarding cattery feeds non Persians and her borders with Royal Canin sensible aromatic. (I think it's called that) the owners can't get them off it at home. I believe most Royal Canin varieties are well liked. My two never turn their faces, they have no noses to turn up. At the Persian variety.

LivingInMidnight Fri 25-Nov-16 16:54:56

Have you tried James wellbeloved?

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 25-Nov-16 20:45:01

Arden Grange is worth a try

SuckingEggs Sun 27-Nov-16 00:48:35

James Wellbeloved is good.

childmaintenanceserviceinquiry Sun 27-Nov-16 01:04:04

i use James wellbeloved for dry complete. I give my siamese the small 50g pouches as he also loves gravy. I then cook meat for him eg flash fry steak from lidl (works out cheaper than pouches), chicken, left over ham, slow cooked meat (great bargains). He has problems chewing on one side so his favourite food of all time is gravy and ham. His granny (my mum) saves him all sorts of left over bits. I am vegetarian so we have less left over bits of meat in my home. I do think variety is important.

mortificado Sun 27-Nov-16 01:11:35

You britcare is really good, mine are hooked on it!

mortificado Sun 27-Nov-16 01:12:37

Don't know where the you came from at the start of my post!

RubbishMantra Sun 27-Nov-16 01:19:41

My 2 fussy buggers can't resist Orijen Cat and Kitten, or Applaws. Both can be bought cheapest from Zooplus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now