Talk

Advanced search

Cat litter help please!

(7 Posts)
badgerhead Fri 18-Nov-16 22:13:41

We have a lovely pair of long haired brothers, who are now a year old. The problem is we just cannot seem to settle on a good cat litter. I am after one that is as low tracking as possible and is clumping, but also doesn't smell too bad.
We have tried a silicate one which was non clumping, tracked a bit too much for our liking. Currently have a clumping one which is maize based but tracks all over the place and also sticks to their coat sometimes.
Has anyone got any good suggestions please.

123bananas Fri 18-Nov-16 22:18:18

We use Sanicat Oxygen Power non-clumping with Hartz Litter Beads for our two long haired cats. Cheap washable £2 mat from tesco in front of the litter tray reduces tracking into other areas.

problembottom Sat 19-Nov-16 15:14:09

Litter Purrfect for me which you get in big tubs from Costco or Amazon. Smells nice and lemony, clumps really well, the odd bit he treads out isn't visible on our wooden floor as it's a very dull grey colour.

I've tried loads from Pets At Home incl pricy ones but they are all inferior in some way - don't clump properly, leave little white trails everywhere, not good at disguising smell, etc.

problembottom Sat 19-Nov-16 15:16:55

Should add you get very little tracking with it compared to others I've used.

RubbishMantra Sat 19-Nov-16 19:14:11

I've started using Golden Grey Master. Quite pleased with it, it's a clumping litter, with added silica crystals.

A litter mat put in front of the tray helps reduce tracking.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 20-Nov-16 10:00:56

I've got two long hair girls. I use intersand classic. No smell and minimal tracking. I get in in bulk from zoo plus

badgerhead Sun 20-Nov-16 20:37:59

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into them all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now