Talk

Advanced search

3rd eye showing.

(4 Posts)
theautismdisciple Sun 13-Nov-16 09:02:17

Hi all.

I have 3 cats. The youngest is male, very small always has been re rescued him and I suspect we had him too early.
I think he is part ferrel given his behaviour around food etc, he snatches and runs away and growls when feeding although my older 2 girls just leave him to it, they aren't a threat.
Anyway yesterday evening I noticed his 3rd lid is partially across both his eyes. Eating and drinking fine up to date with flea and worm treatment and vaccines. He seems perfectly normal

Any advice what this could be?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:08:08

I'd ring your vets, they will have a vet nurse on duty 24/7 to speak to.

The third eyelid shouldn't be visible & you can't hang around with eyes.

Icequeen01 Sun 13-Nov-16 15:41:35

My cat's third eyelid was showing a few months ago. Vet wasn't really sure of the cause but gave him antibiotics and painkillers. They did suspect he possibly had the caliche (sp) virus as they also found he had ulcers in his mouth. His 3rd eyelid took nearly two weeks to finally retract. I would definitely pop him along to your vet.

theautismdisciple Sun 13-Nov-16 16:17:38

Thanks for replies. I rang the vets who advised as he is eating and drinking and his usual self other than the lids to bring him in tomorrow instead of a weekend call out charge (not that that would stop me if he needed it!) he's not concerned but to keep and eye on him overnight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now