Talk

Advanced search

Should I let kitty out?

(5 Posts)
Purplehonesty Sat 12-Nov-16 07:52:13

Our 7m cat was spayed on Wednesday.
The wound seems to have healed well, it was glued and stitched
She is desperate to get the collar off and get out; won't use the littler tray, keeps clawing at the door and wailing.

The vet said 5 days inside and collar on but could I do this after 3 days?
I hate seeing her so distressed and she obviously needs to poop but refusing to go!

7SunshineSeven7 Sat 12-Nov-16 07:53:01

No. Do what the vet says. If she needs to go to the toilet she will.

AnotherEmma Sat 12-Nov-16 08:00:42

Is she already in the habit of going out?
We didn't let our cats outside until they had been neutered, so keeping them in after the operation wasn't an issue - they didn't know any different.

I suggest that you stay strong and stick to the vet's advice. Perhaps you could take off the cone but keep a close eye on her in case she starts licking the wound. But don't let her out yet, as 7 said, she will go in the litter tray when she gets really desperate!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 12-Nov-16 08:26:09

I wouldn't. She'll go eventually. Her rectum will take matters into its own hands, it's hard to control smooth muscle like that.

Purplehonesty Sat 12-Nov-16 08:37:18

Oh yes she is a real outdoor cat. We live way out in the country and there aren't any other cats around so she has always been outside.

When she came into her first season we got her spayed.

Ok will listen to you all and keep her in. Will take the cone off and watch she doesn't disturb the wound. Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now