Advice needed about my brother and sister cats

(9 Posts)
mollymoses1950 Wed 09-Nov-16 11:42:23

My cat went missing for 24 hours and on his return his sister just is hissing at him all the time and they used to be very close , i just hoped someone might have an idea what this could be ?

TenThousandSpoons Wed 09-Nov-16 11:47:39

This happened when one of my cats went missing (for 5 days). They took a while to get on again, as if they didn't remember each other. But they were a bit grumpy with each other anyway. They were back to normal in a couple of weeks.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 09-Nov-16 17:20:33

Maybe he's just furious with her for disappearing and is reminding her that he's crossgrin

mollymoses1950 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:33:21

5 days thats a long time , yeah lets hope she comes around as they were very close

cozietoesie Wed 09-Nov-16 18:13:15

Does he smell different, perhaps? How does his coat look?

mollymoses1950 Wed 09-Nov-16 18:34:04

i cant smell anything but when he came back he was wet and his coat was a bit rough looking, it was windy and raining when he went missing

cozietoesie Wed 09-Nov-16 18:47:21

You haven't got her sensitive nose though - maybe he spent the night somewhere with an odour that she doesn't like. (Or that's a bit different anyway.) I'd stick strictly to routines tonight and see how they are in the morning. smile

TenThousandSpoons Thu 10-Nov-16 13:51:24

Are they getting on better again now? X

RubbishMantra Thu 10-Nov-16 19:06:06

It could well be he smells different, maybe of an un-neutered female cat, which to another female would seem a huge threat.

Even when cats are neutered, their "urges" don't always disappear, so he could have been making overtures to an intact female.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now