Talk

Advanced search

My cat was knocked down today

(6 Posts)
LuluNTutu Mon 07-Nov-16 21:52:59

My beautiful affectionate little girl was hit by a car today. The house seems so quiet without her; I can't quite believe she won't ever come bounding in again. I'm still listening out for her bell.

My DS (nearly 4) adores her; she was his best friend and playmate. What the hell do I tell him? I want to say she's gone missing, but will he be forever waiting for her to come home? I'm heartbroken and I can't bear to see his face when I tell him.

cozietoesie Mon 07-Nov-16 22:03:36

I'm so sorry.

Have a read of this leaflet. (It can be downloaded if you have a printer.)

I understand that their support line - mentioned in the leaflet - is also very good although I haven't used it myself.

TroysMammy Mon 07-Nov-16 22:03:50

I'm so sorry. It's best to tell your DS that she has died in simple terms and plan a funeral. You mustn't tell him she is missing as he will be forever waiting for her to turn up. flowers

5OBalesofHay Mon 07-Nov-16 22:10:33

We lost one like this and it's shocking, leaves you reeling. But you do have to accept it's happened and tell him. Bury your beloved and involved as much as you can. You will all sob but it will get better

Mincepies76 Tue 08-Nov-16 19:59:19

Very sorry to hear this flowers

LuluNTutu Wed 09-Nov-16 15:01:04

Thank you all for your kind words, and also for the leaflet Cosi. It was really helpful in breaking the news to DS. We miss her so much sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now