Talk

Advanced search

Please find me a cat carrier to take on the train

(8 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sat 05-Nov-16 11:09:26

I'm really thinking of taking her home for Xmas for five nights. My brother has offered to drive my case up there with the presents and I'm going to attempt to take my 7month on the tube (which she's done before) and then 2 1/2 hours on the train. I'm expecting the train to be quite busy but we will have a seat. Is it a really really bad idea? I'd quite like her to meet my family if I'm honest. She's very calm. What should I put her in that's easy to carry? I have a basic one for the vets but it's not that big do I need something like this? www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Nylon-Trolley-Elegance-Black/dp/B000V9AZVO

Toddlerteaplease Sat 05-Nov-16 13:18:11

Get your brother to take her up. And take an extra case. Yourself.

putputput Sat 05-Nov-16 13:23:19

If you absolutely have to take her home get your brother to take her in his car. A train journey for a cat would be incredibly stressful.
Surely the cat would be happier in its own environment with a cat sitter. They don't tend to enjoy 'holidaying'.
If it got out at your parents you'd have next to no chance of getting it back.

EachandEveryone Sat 05-Nov-16 13:26:35

Ok. Yes my neighbour will come in and feed her but she won't play like I do and I feel bad but it's my first Christmas off work in ages. I'll cut it short to three nights then.

Artandco Sat 05-Nov-16 13:28:29

You would need a small case so it fits on your lap on busy train.

We have a cat brought into the office sometimes. He comes wearing a little harness and lead, and inside a handbag type carrier on the tube. At the office stays on the lead walking around, and they unclip lead and leave harness on whilst they are in own office with them.

custardy Sat 05-Nov-16 14:19:29

My cat doesn't mind trains. I like to harness her so I can have her case open safely, and a soft knee size carrier would be good. Can you reserve yourself a seat on the train? I do think that some cats are quite flexible, and don't mind new things, and when they get older they have never been exposed to new things so they get stressed. My cat has a carrier a bit like that with backpack straps and it has a little clip in point too.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 05-Nov-16 14:30:34

The cat will be fine at home. I have a cat sitter. I have a camera that I can spy on the. To check they are ok and they are perfectly happy.

EachandEveryone Sat 05-Nov-16 14:59:50

She's not a couple though and she craves attention through play plus it's her first Christmas!! (Joke) mind you she will be two weeks post op I do t know if that will calm her down abit. I feel bad enough today I'm halfway through a 12 hour shift I hate leaving her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now