Talk

Advanced search

Do you hold hands with your cat?

(34 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 04-Nov-16 23:41:08

I doblush

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 04-Nov-16 23:51:40

I think I've crossed the line into mad cat slave now...

cozietoesie Fri 04-Nov-16 23:54:57

I think you may have. grin

Just how long do you do it for?

Wolfiefan Fri 04-Nov-16 23:55:25

You've made a deal with the kitty satan. Shook hands and everything!
Mine prefer a head butt.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 04-Nov-16 23:56:01

Of course I do!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 04-Nov-16 23:56:44

Not long

quite a long time actually, he loves it and spreads his toes, then puts the other one out to be held

RustyPaperclip Fri 04-Nov-16 23:57:27

Yes, all the time. I now accept my role as cat slave grin

Wolfiefan Fri 04-Nov-16 23:58:15

We used to have a cat that loved this. We had to put our finger in between his pads and sort of massage! blush
How do we find this stuff out?! confused

RustyPaperclip Sat 05-Nov-16 00:00:35

Our new boy likes reaching out and gently patting my mouth in the night. It's very sweet and I try to forget he has most likely just been in the cat litter confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Nov-16 00:01:03

Yes, Puccini likes a toe massage.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 05-Nov-16 06:18:01

I try but they are not keen. Very very occasionally I may be allowed to. One of the will put her paw on my shoulder when she's on the back of the sofa and I Am sometimes allowed to hold it.

TroysMammy Sat 05-Nov-16 08:34:52

Troy used to sleep on my pillow and I would hold his paw in the night.

Botanicbaby Sat 05-Nov-16 09:41:51

I fully accept my cat slave role to the extent that I feel privileged, nay honoured, to be able to hold my cat's paw. When it suits her obviously.

As a rescue cat she wasn't keen on her paws being touched at first but she now condescends to let me hold paws with her occasionally & I love it as they're so so soft smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Nov-16 10:20:53

I fully accept my cat slave role to the extent that I feel privileged, nay honoured, to be able to hold my cat's paw. When it suits her obviously

Reminds me of the phrase-

'When you feed a dog they think you are King, when you feed a cat they think THEY'RE king' grin

RubbishMantra Sat 05-Nov-16 12:38:31

Yes! MCat not so keen, but little M has long toes, like fingers, on his front paws, which he'll wrap around my finger.

He also likes a foot rub - tickle between his toe beans on his little back feets, and he'll splay his toes out enabling you to get right in there. I can clip his nails in his sleep, he's that chilled, comatose in fact.

Good to see Puccini Dame! Much opera singing lately?

Soubriquet Sat 05-Nov-16 12:40:50

Urm...she holds hands with me...with her claws...whilst she bites my hands.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 05-Nov-16 13:11:21

Rubbish, stop telling us about Little Ms adorable fingers. I want him! envy

acatcalledjohn Sat 05-Nov-16 13:15:18

Yup, I do that.

Girl cat holds my hand too by gently curling her paw around my finger.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Nov-16 15:01:07

No opera singing at night anymore now he sleeps with us at night!! wink

Since he got poorly he has to have daily Cystaid and it's calmed him right down , still chatty but no frantic arias anymoregrin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Nov-16 15:18:12

My thumb/hand is enormous in the photo !confused

RubbishMantra Sat 05-Nov-16 18:56:28

I have spoken with Little M Toddler, and he will rent himself out for the day for negotiable amounts of Zooplus vouchers. Or 5 live frogs, that he will pat gently, and delight in their froggy screams, which shall be returned at end of day, unscathed.

He's under the covers with me now, making a sort of rhythmic "uhm" noise. (I have a tummy bug, hence being in bed.) Please excuse my hairy leg - he's shoved his paws under it for extra toastiness.

MCat's luxuriating in having the sofa all to himself.

Lanaorana1 Sat 05-Nov-16 19:10:49

Yes, me and Mr C hold paws at night after we turn the lights out.

If I am stressed he - pointedly gracious - lets me have The Tail in one hand, or he flings it round my neck like a boa.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Nov-16 19:11:51

Awwwwwsmile

Hope you feel better soonflowers

legotits Sat 05-Nov-16 20:14:25

Hiding under my knees, under the blankets and holding hands.

grin

exWifebeginsat40 Sat 05-Nov-16 21:05:22

Ted Bundy likes me to hold her paws while she goes to sleep. i oblige her as I am a mad cat lady and there is no hope for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now