Talk

Advanced search

Outside cat coming home after 2 weeks away

(8 Posts)
Fouristhebestnumber Fri 04-Nov-16 14:52:28

Our cat goes outside during the day and comes in late for food and to spend the night.

2 weeks ago Dmil was taken very ill and we went to stay with her to help look after her. Our cat was looked after by friends, kept in their flat.

Cat is coming home later - can she go straight back outside or do we need to keep her in for a couple weeks first?

cozietoesie Fri 04-Nov-16 14:58:29

How did she do with your friends?

(Hope that DMIL is better, by the way.)

Fouristhebestnumber Fri 04-Nov-16 15:31:10

She was fine and thank you, she is smile

I'm just nervous that she'll run away if I let her straight out

YesItsMeIDontCare Fri 04-Nov-16 15:34:35

Glad your mum's better smile.

Personally I would keep her in, even if only a couple of days. I'm not an expert though - just a cat worshipper!

scheepjes Fri 04-Nov-16 15:35:40

With all the fireworks this weekend it would be a good idea for everyone to keep their pets safely indoors.

cozietoesie Fri 04-Nov-16 16:05:12

I've always operated a 'Back home so back to normal routines' policy and it seems to work with cats - they being great lovers of routine in my experience. However, you don't know but that she might have discovered the joys of staying inside while she was with your friends and might welcome the opportunity to change her ways. smile

I'd put in a litter tray - if you don't already have one - and be guided by her. I wouldn't force her out, anyway.

cozietoesie Fri 04-Nov-16 16:05:59

PS - but it being Firework Weekend is a fair point.

thecatneuterer Fri 04-Nov-16 21:04:05

Generally speaking it would be fine to let her out straight away. With fireworks weekend not so much, as others have said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now